What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hydrotherapy  (Read 3523 times)

msr1015

Hydrotherapy
« on: April 19, 2017, 08:38:17 pm »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the good reading.  I'm down to Jacuzzi J-345, Bullfrog R7 or Hotsprings Pulse.  Any opinions on which may provide the best hydrotherapy.  Jacuzzi will boast about their 50/50 air ratio as the best.  With Bullfrog you can pick out different jet packs.  Hotsprings just seems to make a quality spa. 

Thanks for the input.

Hot Tub Forum

Hydrotherapy
« on: April 19, 2017, 08:38:17 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hydrotherapy
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 12:21:33 am »
 I sold Jacuzzi for 16 years, the 50/50 air ratio is only on the 3 power pro jets, still a nice spa though.  The pulse no idea I am sure it's fine.  We switched to BF 3 years ago and have been really happy with them and the company support from them, they really do stand behind their product and their dealers which is whom takes care of you.

Really comes down to what works for you, I do like the 2ea 2spd pumps in the BF no one really offers that anymore that I am aware of.  The jet packs give you even more flexibility for what you might be looking for hydrotherapy wise, least if you like a certain jet pack you can move it to the seat of your choice like a shallower seat instead of a deeper one if you are vertically challenged. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 06:32:07 am »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the good reading.  I'm down to Jacuzzi J-345, Bullfrog R7 or Hotsprings Pulse.  Any opinions on which may provide the best hydrotherapy.  Jacuzzi will boast about their 50/50 air ratio as the best.  With Bullfrog you can pick out different jet packs.  Hotsprings just seems to make a quality spa. 

Thanks for the input.

Which ones have YOU wet tested? OUR opinions mean nothing to how the spa feels to you. Doesn't matter what gimmick the manufacturer offers if you don't like the feel.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 07:20:04 am »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the input.

Welcome to the forum!   We talk a lot about wet testing for a lot of reasons, but are you able to test any of these with your spouse or family?  After 14 years of ownership, I get the most hydro therapy sitting comfortably in the water with the jets off.  I would estimate every hour in our tub, 2 minutes is spent with the jets on.   I would have probably picked the Jacuzzi and Hot Springs based only on jets, but we ended up in a Sundance Majesta because both my wife and I could sit comfortably.   That was a good choice as 95% of the time it is her and I.  If she didn't use the tub, I would use it at least 75% less.  I estimate we are both in the tub 300 days out of each year.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 12:14:24 pm »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the input.

Welcome to the forum!   We talk a lot about wet testing for a lot of reasons, but are you able to test any of these with your spouse or family?  After 14 years of ownership, I get the most hydro therapy sitting comfortably in the water with the jets off.  I would estimate every hour in our tub, 2 minutes is spent with the jets on.   I would have probably picked the Jacuzzi and Hot Springs based only on jets, but we ended up in a Sundance Majesta because both my wife and I could sit comfortably.   That was a good choice as 95% of the time it is her and I.  If she didn't use the tub, I would use it at least 75% less.  I estimate we are both in the tub 300 days out of each year.

It is interesting you say that because I often leave the jets off or turn on the whirlpool jet on low speed and it just slowly moves the water around the tub in a big circle. Very soothing for my liking. She likes it best with full on jets for whatever seat she is in mostly the lounger.   

msr1015

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 03:09:20 pm »
Hi Jacuzzi Jim and Tmann.

Unfortunately we haven't wet tested any yet.  None of the places we went to had those particular tubs hooked up and full of water.  Is it reasonable to ask them to get it hooked up so we can wet test?  I know they had water in the BF R8 but they don't have an R7 on premise.  It would have to be ordered.  They have the J-345 on premise as well and again not hooked up.  As far as the Hot Springs again the two dealers I went to neither of them had the Pulse hooked up or filled.

Thanks guys!!!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 04:55:58 pm »
Hi Jacuzzi Jim and Tmann.

Unfortunately we haven't wet tested any yet.  None of the places we went to had those particular tubs hooked up and full of water.  Is it reasonable to ask them to get it hooked up so we can wet test?  I know they had water in the BF R8 but they don't have an R7 on premise.  It would have to be ordered.  They have the J-345 on premise as well and again not hooked up.  As far as the Hot Springs again the two dealers I went to neither of them had the Pulse hooked up or filled.

Thanks guys!!!

No it is not unreasonable to wet test a tub. Not all dealers will do it though. If I was spending 10 grand on a tub I would want to make sure it felt good to me and not rely on a salesman's pitch.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 04:55:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42