What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacement Heater Help  (Read 1800 times)

tonydead

Replacement Heater Help
« on: April 10, 2017, 11:26:27 am »
Need advise as my 25 year old heater just gave up the ghost.  Using the technician trouble shooting guide the first thing I wound need to replace is the gas valve which is $200 and likely just a band-aide on a really old heater so I'm ready to buy brand new.

Need help on replacement model for Raypak 055B.  It's an above ground and housed in a small shed separate from the tub.  They guys at the local hot tub shop were no help as they only deal with heaters that are internal to the hot tub.  Looks like the 055 model was discontinued a few years ago and the smallest Raypak currently on the market are twice the BTUs.  Any advise on what to do for a natural gas heater? 

Hot Tub Forum

Replacement Heater Help
« on: April 10, 2017, 11:26:27 am »

tonydead

Re: Replacement Heater Help
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 01:13:38 pm »
Looks like Raypak 106A is the only real option.  I'll let you know how the install goes.  On the bright side it should heat up twice as fast. 

tonydead

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 04:36:46 pm »
Easy install and fired right up.  One thing of note:  If you're replacing an old 055B the water in/out are swapped, don't just assume they are the same.
The 106 is a beast for a spa heater.  Not only keeps the spa hot, but, when you're in the spa the water coming out of the jets are noticeable hotter when the heater kicks on.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 04:36:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42