What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Cover Conditioner  (Read 2644 times)

Coolio

Best Cover Conditioner
« on: April 12, 2017, 04:33:08 pm »
Can someone recommend a good quality cover conditioner that can handle intense sun?  I live in Colorado.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Best Cover Conditioner
« on: April 12, 2017, 04:33:08 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Best Cover Conditioner
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 06:31:51 pm »
303 Protectant is good but must be applied regularly. Petroleum based is better (Armor All) but can have a detrimental effect on your cover if you stop using it. Silicon based (303) works but not quite as good. And not so detremental if you neglect applying it.
Retired

JacuzziJack

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 10:55:02 pm »
I wouldn't use Armour all or any silicon-based product on it. OMG, armour all will dry out tires like quick. Check with any of the cover mfgrs.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 11:12:44 am »
I've always been under the impression that petroleum based conditioners were worse

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 11:25:25 am »
I've always been under the impression that petroleum based conditioners were worse

+1

Only use water-based.  303 Protectant, Saddle Soap, etc.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 05:57:19 pm »

They are, it's like heroin for your cover. Absolutely the best protection (high) you can get. But you gota keep applying it. If you stop your cover has withdrawals and dies. 303 doesn't have the same withdrawals, it's not as addictive. But your cover isn't protected as well (not as good of a high)......
Retired

Calisoldier83

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 06:25:11 pm »
I was thinking of getting a Cantilever for extra privacy and as an added benefit to protect the cover from harsh weather conditions.  Does anyone else do this?

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 11:03:04 am »
From the ArmorAll website:

What are the ingredients in Armor AllŪ Protectants? Do they include silicone, alcohol, ultraviolet inhibitors and petroleum distillates?

Armor All protectant and leather care protectant products contain surfactants and water-based silicone emulsions. They do not contain alcohols or petroleum distillates. In addition, Armor AllŪ OutlastŪ Interior Restorer Cream and OutlastŪ Leather Restorer contain UV inhibitors.

Looks like they don't use petroleum anymore

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 03:43:02 pm »
From the ArmorAll website:

What are the ingredients in Armor AllŪ Protectants? Do they include silicone, alcohol, ultraviolet inhibitors and petroleum distillates?

Armor All protectant and leather care protectant products contain surfactants and water-based silicone emulsions. They do not contain alcohols or petroleum distillates. In addition, Armor AllŪ OutlastŪ Interior Restorer Cream and OutlastŪ Leather Restorer contain UV inhibitors.

Looks like they don't use petroleum anymore

There goes my buzz......
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 03:43:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42