What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My First Hot Tub Purchase  (Read 8951 times)

ejance

Re: My First Hot Tub Purchase
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 08:01:56 pm »
@sainilucky7 I have not made a purchase yet. I did wet test the Artesian and Sundance lines and they both felt great.

Which hot tubs have you been considering/testing? It would be nice to hear another current shopper's feedback.

I am still stuck on Jacuzzi because: a) The dealer is just a pleasure to deal with, I can tell he is transparent, and is 5 minutes from me. b) The jets on the J-335 (especially the lounge) hit all the right places for me. c) The LXL was probably the only hot tub I sat in where all seats fit me perfectly (albeit dry - wet test to come this week).

I am going to check out Dimension-1 this week as well because I have heard good things about them from other dealers, they have a few different models that suit my criteria and they are local to me in SoCal.

Thanks again everyone else for all the feedback!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 08:01:56 pm »

sainilucky7

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 06:47:37 pm »
I have shortlisted Hot Spring,  Caldera and Marquis. But didn't go for wet test yet.

what do you think Jacuzzi's jet performance/Pressure?

ejance

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 03:14:36 pm »
Update: So I've made a purchase!

After first meeting with the D1 dealer and then later going for a wet test, this was a no-brainer. The Aurora fit all my criteria, the seating was the most ergonomically suited to me and their Ultralife shell had the most non-slip surface with the best tactile feel that I have felt in a hot tub. The variety of jets in the different seating positions hit all the right places, felt great, and took longest for any fatigue to set in. Two of the seats have adjustable pillows (with jets in the pillows that fire at your shoulders!) which will allow for different body types to fit well. It also has all the bells and whistles which complete the luxury experience of hot tub life for me. Lighted cup holder (that actually drain into the tub), adjustable water feature, and I added the exterior lighting as well. The dealer was including the WiFi module to allow for smart phone control, but I decided to trade that for the upgraded exterior (more similar to the LXL than the J-335 of the Jacuzzi) and cover.

It was a few hundred dollars more expensive than the Jacuzzi models I had been considering (J-335 $8,550 & LXL 8,950) vs. $9,300 for the D1 Aurora, but in my mind offered much more bang for the buck.

@sanilucky7 Jacuzzi was a close second to me overall (including jet performance)

@everyone else - Thanks for the help! If anyone has any comments/questions, feel free to continue this discussion :)
 I will post follow-ups when I get my hot tub installed (3-4 weeks from now). PUMPED!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 04:18:48 pm »
Dimension One makes one of the best tubs available, quietly.
Retired

Chartreux

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 02:04:49 pm »
I would just say, stay away from Sundance, really bad experience there. 2015 we bought a new Sundance said it was a 2015.  Once we got it, it was wrong and  the inside number said 2014 model. Then this dealer became another brand and we are stuck I can't use it without help (Disabled) because the 2015 model had handbars the 2014 did not, so very sour on Sundance, it's going to costs me $343.99 to get a step with handles. We can't just get the hand bar as it needs to go under the hot tub and we can't move it.
So after all the homework do your homework on the local dealer and check his BBB rating. Ask if he plans to change branding. If had to do over I'd go Hot Springs Jet Setter...
we checked out Marquis at the time, but the dealer was so new to them and just this year they stopped selling them so we no longer have a Marquis dealer...
You have a hard choice...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 03:22:11 pm »
I would just say, stay away from Sundance, really bad experience there. 2015 we bought a new Sundance said it was a 2015.  Once we got it, it was wrong and  the inside number said 2014 model. Then this dealer became another brand and we are stuck I can't use it without help (Disabled) because the 2015 model had handbars the 2014 did not, so very sour on Sundance, it's going to costs me $343.99 to get a step with handles. We can't just get the hand bar as it needs to go under the hot tub and we can't move it.
So after all the homework do your homework on the local dealer and check his BBB rating. Ask if he plans to change branding. If had to do over I'd go Hot Springs Jet Setter...
we checked out Marquis at the time, but the dealer was so new to them and just this year they stopped selling them so we no longer have a Marquis dealer...

It doesn't sound to me like Sundance is your problem. Sounds like your dealer is.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 04:50:20 pm »

It doesn't sound to me like Sundance is your problem. Sounds like your dealer is.

+1 there.  None of that is the fault of Sundance.  It's your dealer who failed you

Cora5

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 06:38:17 pm »
Does your paperwork for the purchase specify the model you chose. They should make good on that. I'd contact Sundance for sure with the proof of purchase. File a complaint on BBB.org.

Chartreux

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 08:05:06 pm »
Sorry got the date wrong but I do have some memory issues due to the disabilities. Year was 2014 Paperwork (or ) sales document says "2014 New" hot tub, however the tub is a 2013.
so yes my paperwork has it as 2014(new), tub is 2013 tried telling Sundance the company no help. as Dealer is no longer Sundance dealer, no help. Did everything I could think of to do, no help from anyone and  Sundance should've help us. It is their product. So both Dealer and Sundance failed us. I even sent Sundance a copy of the sale receipt saying 2014, their excuse "we made 2014 tubs in 2013," really! then the sales document should've said 2013 (new). Sundance will make a loop hole! Tried the BBB, and Sundance got away with the scam, they scammed a disabled person and got away with it. statue of limitations is over...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 08:11:08 pm »
Sorry got the date wrong but I do have some memory issues due to the disabilities. Year was 2014 Paperwork (or ) sales document says "2014 New" hot tub, however the tub is a 2013.
so yes my paperwork has it as 2014(new), tub is 2013 tried telling Sundance the company no help. as Dealer is no longer Sundance dealer, no help. Did everything I could think of to do, no help from anyone and  Sundance should've help us. It is their product. So both Dealer and Sundance failed us. I even sent Sundance a copy of the sale receipt saying 2014, their excuse "we made 2014 tubs in 2013," really! then the sales document should've said 2013 (new). Sundance will make a loop hole! Tried the BBB, and Sundance got away with the scam, they scammed a disabled person and got away with it. statue of limitations is over...

That has absolutely nothing to do with Sundance. They didn't sell you the tub the dealer did. Sundance didn't pull any "scam" your dealer did. I hate when manufacturers get slammed for something that they have no control over. And no I'm not a Sundance dealer, have never been one and actually they are my competition. They make a quality product. When did you bring this up with the dealer?  Why didn't you refuse delivery if it wasn't what they said it was? 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 09:57:05 pm »

That has absolutely nothing to do with Sundance. They didn't sell you the tub the dealer did. Sundance didn't pull any "scam" your dealer did. I hate when manufacturers get slammed for something that they have no control over. And no I'm not a Sundance dealer, have never been one and actually they are my competition. They make a quality product. When did you bring this up with the dealer?  Why didn't you refuse delivery if it wasn't what they said it was?

Plus one!   My guess is they were selling an older floor mdl and this "disabled" person read it the wrong way.  Either way Sundance is not liable for this at all.   I could go on, but it wouldn't be nice.  So I will just let it go here. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 09:57:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42