What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Should I try a Marquis?  (Read 10859 times)

Mom2apjp

Should I try a Marquis?
« on: March 29, 2017, 06:27:27 pm »
Hello everyone! I wrote earlier in the week about being between two different hot tubs - The Saratoga Spas C35 and the Caldera Spas Vanto (wet testing tomorrow).  We were pretty set on either model until I found this board where I have found you guys talking a lot about the Marquis brand.  Do you feel they are worth giving a try before I decide between these two models? Do you feel that they are better quality than either of these two? The one we were looking at, based solely from looking online, is the E-series 750. I called the only local dealer that sells them and I can view some of their models at a local Home and Garden show this weekend. (Not sure if it's better to go there or to the showroom), but he did mention that option. Thanks for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Should I try a Marquis?
« on: March 29, 2017, 06:27:27 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Should I try a Marquis?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 06:51:52 pm »
Hello everyone! I wrote earlier in the week about being between two different hot tubs - The Saratoga Spas C35 and the Caldera Spas Vanto (wet testing tomorrow).  We were pretty set on either model until I found this board where I have found you guys talking a lot about the Marquis brand.  Do you feel they are worth giving a try before I decide between these two models? Do you feel that they are better quality than either of these two? The one we were looking at, based solely from looking online, is the E-series 750. I called the only local dealer that sells them and I can view some of their models at a local Home and Garden show this weekend. (Not sure if it's better to go there or to the showroom), but he did mention that option. Thanks for your help.

I will start with the fact that I sell both Marquis and Caldera. The 750 is the best out of those 3 tubs.  Better warranty, better jetting, and it's a comfortable tub. There will be a price difference as the Marquis will be more expensive. I believe before you said this was a Tub for the family?  This will have a variety of seat heights. It's really a great and powerful tub

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 06:55:05 pm »
Hottubguy is a good reference because he sells both the Marquis and Caldera brands.  The 750 is definitely a step up from the Vanto, and will probably be priced more.  There is also a model called the Vegas that is the same exact layout as the 750, just slightly stripped down.  You will get a higher jet count and more control over the jets in the Vegas/750, I think both of those Marquis models will also be slightly more powerful from a therapy standpoint (Hottubguy would know better than me on this).  The Vanto does have more insulation than the Vegas (Vegas only has a low-E wrap insulation on the perimeter).  Normally the Vegas is in the $22-25 range for energy cost on a national average, but if you're in the North East, or some sort of other cold climate it will cost more.  Worst case scenario if you got the Vegas home and it was costing $40 a month, you could always shove some house insulation in to the cabinet fairly easily (Marquis cabinet sections come off with about 6 screws).  If energy efficiency is a huge factor in your decision then the 750 might be the better route, as it has more insulation.

Don't know too much about Saratoga, as it is more of a regional brand that we don't see here on the West Coast.  I have heard the spas are decent.

The Marquis are all made in Oregon vs. Caldera being made south of the border, if that makes a difference to you.

I would go check out Marquis at the Home & Garden Show, sometimes they will have a little bit larger display than a normal showroom display.

Good luck in your search!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 07:00:20 pm »
Hottubguy is a good reference because he sells both the Marquis and Caldera brands.  The 750 is definitely a step up from the Vanto, and will probably be priced more.  There is also a model called the Vegas that is the same exact layout as the 750, just slightly stripped down.  You will get a higher jet count and more control over the jets in the Vegas/750, I think both of those Marquis models will also be slightly more powerful from a therapy standpoint (Hottubguy would know better than me on this).  The Vanto does have more insulation than the Vegas (Vegas only has a low-E wrap insulation on the perimeter).  Normally the Vegas is in the $22-25 range for energy cost on a national average, but if you're in the North East, or some sort of other cold climate it will cost more.  Worst case scenario if you got the Vegas home and it was costing $40 a month, you could always shove some house insulation in to the cabinet fairly easily (Marquis cabinet sections come off with about 6 screws).  If energy efficiency is a huge factor in your decision then the 750 might be the better route, as it has more insulation.

Don't know too much about Saratoga, as it is more of a regional brand that we don't see here on the West Coast.  I have heard the spas are decent.

The Marquis are all made in Oregon vs. Caldera being made south of the border, if that makes a difference to you.

I would go check out Marquis at the Home & Garden Show, sometimes they will have a little bit larger display than a normal showroom display.

Good luck in your search!

Yes no diverters in the vanto and the Marquis has 2 two speed pumps versus one single one 2 speed in the vanto. The vanto is better insulated then the 750 but the cost difference will be minuscule

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 07:02:33 pm »
The 750 also has an inexpensive upgraded insulation option, which may make it more efficient than the Vanto in that configuration.

Mom2apjp

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 07:09:29 pm »
Thank you all SO much!!!!!!!!! I chose the 750, but would definitely be more interested in keeping the price range of the Vanto. I did see the Vegas too!!! It was the 2nd one I sent to my husband and said it also looks like the Vanto. The Marquis dealer told me he didn't have the 750 on display but he could definitely work up a price for us. I'll definitely ask about the Vegas too if we go to the show tomorrow. Do you guys know the price range of the Vegas? They told me insulation was included with their prices, but not sure if that's standard. We are in NJ and would probably need all the insulation we could get for the winter months!!

We are wet testing at Caldera tomorrow- he did give us a great price. My husband was comfortable with the price we were quoted- but I hate to not give Marquis a chance before deciding.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 07:19:45 pm »
Thank you all SO much!!!!!!!!! I chose the 750, but would definitely be more interested in keeping the price range of the Vanto. I did see the Vegas too!!! It was the 2nd one I sent to my husband and said it also looks like the Vanto. The Marquis dealer told me he didn't have the 750 on display but he could definitely work up a price for us. I'll definitely ask about the Vegas too if we go to the show tomorrow. Do you guys know the price range of the Vegas? They told me insulation was included with their prices, but not sure if that's standard. We are in NJ and would probably need all the insulation we could get for the winter months!!

We are wet testing at Caldera tomorrow- he did give us a great price. My husband was comfortable with the price we were quoted- but I hate to not give Marquis a chance before deciding.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 07:22:41 pm »

Pricing is all over the place. I've seen some crazy stuff on here. Vanto should be in the 6500-7000 range roughly the same as the vegas. The 750 is usually about 1500 more. In New Jersey there are a couple Marquis dealers that I know and they are both good.  The only Caldera dealer I know sells both Caldera and Hot Spring so it doesn't sound like him. Where are they at with Vanto price?

Mom2apjp

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 07:33:03 pm »
Thank you so much!!!!!  I believe the price for the Vanto (2016) was around $6400, but he was able to offer a better price if we took a model he had in stock and not order a customized color model.

The Saratoga model (also 2016) was around $6400 as well.

I only spoke with the Marquis dealer over the phone and he mentioned the "E" series and "Celebrity " series would be in our price range -but didn't offer a price on any specific model. I just didn't want to waste my time going to the show/dealer  if they'll be a great deal more money. We are also putting in a patio and we want to make sure there's enough $ to go around! LOL

Thank you again, you're so helpful!!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 10:57:15 pm »
Thank you so much!!!!!  I believe the price for the Vanto (2016) was around $6400, but he was able to offer a better price if we took a model he had in stock and not order a customized color model.

I only spoke with the Marquis dealer over the phone and he mentioned the "E" series and "Celebrity " series would be in our price range -but didn't offer a price on any specific model. I just didn't want to waste my time going to the show/dealer  if they'll be a great deal more money. We are also putting in a patio and we want to make sure there's enough $ to go around! LOL

How did the wet test with the Vanto go? 

Mom2apjp

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 03:52:49 pm »

Hi! We actually had to reschedule to tonight! We are going in a couple hours! I was wondering if you could help me with a question… I will be trying a Caldera Salina tonight.  I'm wondering how similar it is to the Vanto and approximately how much more it would cost compared to the Vanto model. Knowing me I will probably like it better, but want to be prepared if the cost is significantly more. Thank you again for everything!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 05:30:14 pm »

Hi! We actually had to reschedule to tonight! We are going in a couple hours! I was wondering if you could help me with a question… I will be trying a Caldera Salina tonight.  I'm wondering how similar it is to the Vanto and approximately how much more it would cost compared to the Vanto model. Knowing me I will probably like it better, but want to be prepared if the cost is significantly more. Thank you again for everything!

Not at all similar.  That would match up better with the marquis 545.  Bigger pumps, bigger adjustable jets.  That tub is about $3000-$3500 more. 

Mom2apjp

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 09:09:22 pm »
Hi guys! So we just got home from our Wet Test. Unfortunately we couldn't try the Vanto, but we tried the Salina and a "plug and play" model with only one pump. Obviously, the Salina was 1,000x's better. The salesman said the Vanto's pressure would lie somewhere between the two models. Would you agree with that? Do you feel it's a good, quality spa? The price is great, and like I mentioned it's for an 'in stock' model. I don't want to miss out, but I also don't want to be regretful that we didn't give the Marquis a try. Do you feel it's worth giving the Marquis Vegas a try? Or would you say the two are about equal in quality and price? Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:23:41 pm by Mom2apjp »

castletonia

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2017, 09:32:11 am »
I used to be a Marquis dealer and just within the last 2 weeks became a Caldera dealer.  I have not been able to wet test a Vanto yet, so I cannot comment on the feel or pressure of the jets. 

The Vanto is much better insulated than the Vegas so if you live in a cold weather climate, the operating costs will be less.  The Vanto has a larger filter which will require less frequent cleaning and also has the inline sanitation system which Marquis will not offer on the Celebrity series. 

The Vegas is going to have more variance in seat height/depth which will benefit people on the taller and shorter end of the height range.  There are more jets on the Vegas, but that doesn't always mean more therapy.  I think the Vegas is adequately powered whereas the e750 has good power.   My previous employer really liked the Vegas/e750 but I personally did not.  The Vegas has on open footwell whereas the Vanto has the foot dome.  Could either be a pro or con depending on preference.  Foot dome offers foot therapy and something to brace yourself against if you start sliding out of the seat but also could be something that is "in the way" and you might not like it. 

I think build quality is probably equal between the Vegas and Vanto but I don't have the experience or longevity with Caldera to say for certain.  Warranty's are pretty much the same.  Price should be near identical.  You are making a big purchase decision so as someone not trying to sell you the product, I would personally look at the Vegas unless you absolutely love the Vanto.  Your going to be living with whatever spa you buy for the next 10+ years.  Ask the Caldera dealer to hold the spa for 48 hours for you and if necessary demand they fill it for you to try.  As long as you are a serious shopper/buyer and not wasting their time, they should make the accommodation for you.

Mom2apjp

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 04:25:43 pm »
 Thank you so much for your reply! I think we are going to just stick with Caldera. We are content with the price and spa.  He told us that he also has a Hot Springs Rhythm. Is one brand better than the other?? Also, are speakers worth the extra cost?? Thanks everyone!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:55:30 pm by Mom2apjp »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 04:25:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42