What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Feedback on Hot Spring Vanguard/Vanguard NXT?  (Read 6718 times)

sainilucky7

Need Feedback on Hot Spring Vanguard/Vanguard NXT?
« on: April 06, 2017, 06:56:01 pm »
Hello All,

I'm planning to go with Vanguard/Vanguard NXT?
Please let me know it's + & - so that i cam make the decision.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Need Feedback on Hot Spring Vanguard/Vanguard NXT?
« on: April 06, 2017, 06:56:01 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Need Feedback on Hot Spring Vanguard/Vanguard NXT?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 07:48:04 pm »
Both nice tubs, do they fit your butt? And your family's butts?
Retired

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 08:33:58 pm »
Great spa.  I own it.  Just switched from an Envoy to Vanguard NXT.

That said, I couldn't recommend it without knowing anything about you.  All Hot Springs IMO are great.  Same thing with BF.  Etc...

What would you like to know?  It's important that it fits your needs.

Vanguard NXT fits my family perfectly.  I got two young kiddos, and the dual transition seat in front of the fountain is perfect for them.  I like the open seating.  My wife and I don't fight over the moto message.  I also enjoy the ACE system and removable remote...

But truth be told, what I like the most over my old spa?  The automated exterior lighting and how it looks is pretty awesome.  My 3 year old throws rocks all over the patio, and having those suckers come on every night so I don't scream in agony is well worth it!

sainilucky7

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 04:35:18 pm »
Thanks for your feedback d00nut.
I have 2 kids 4 yrs and 8 yrs. I was looking for 2 moto m.
what about jets and moto message performance, Any difference between Vanguard and Envoy?

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 06:58:08 pm »
I personally don't like the Envoy for kids.  Having the Vanguard with the cool down seats just makes me realize how much I missed it. 

From a hydrotherapy standpoint.  It is very similar with two exceptions.

The first is the hip jets on the Vanguard is much better.  I can actually feel them.  I like them directly next to the moto massage.  (The moto massage feels the same on any hot spring.)  The second is the lack of calf jets.  The lounge will have them, but the open seaters won't. 

Honestly, I found that I don't miss them all that much.  I just sit on the pillow and let the moto jet sweep my calves when I want it, and I find that more than adequate. 

sainilucky7

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 01:18:21 pm »
Thanks.
Yesterday i did wet test for Caldera and HS Jetsetter. My dealer didn't have vanguard ready for test.
Does Vanguard has the same kind of pressure like Jetsetter , because i feel it was not that much high.

Thanks

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 02:35:09 pm »
Thanks.
Yesterday i did wet test for Caldera and HS Jetsetter. My dealer didn't have vanguard ready for test.
Does Vanguard has the same kind of pressure like Jetsetter , because i feel it was not that much high.

Thanks

The ratio of Jets to Pump Size will be about the same so you can expect very similar pressure.  The Highlife collection from Hot Springs are high quality tubs but they are definitely not going to win any jet pressure competitions so if that is what you desire you may have to explore some other models.

TemptingDestiny

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 02:37:08 pm »
Thanks.

Thanks

Not at all! Did you soak the original Jetsetter VS the Jetsetter NXT? The Vanguard has another jet pump included, so you will get more power on the tub. The original Jetsetter has one single pump (it's a 110/20amp) so the pump is just a single speed. The Vanguard has 2 pumps, both of which are larger as a single pump then the Jetsetter itself.

I think the idea was a bit more about getting the feel of the jets- The Moto, the Rotary jets, etc etc. Probably not about the pressure itself.

sainilucky7

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 07:37:09 pm »
I tested on Jetsetter NXT.
So what do you think on Vanguard NXT?

d00nut

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 08:23:07 pm »
Opinions on jet pressure are going to be very subjective.  It's been awhile since I sat in a Jetsetter NXT, but I can tell you the feeling is going to be pretty similar between different Highlife models.  If you crank the moto all the way on the Jetsetter NXT, it's going to feel that way on a Vanguard NXT.

The difference is going to be the larger variety of jets on the Vanguard NXT vs the smaller Jetsetter.  There are also hip jets around the moto on the Vanguard, which increase the 'sense' of pressure.

Personally, I find the pressure to almost be to much on the Vanguard, that I turn off the air around the moto jets (for neck and hip.)  That is personal preference though.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 08:23:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42