What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi FL1 error  (Read 3998 times)

wayner

Jacuzzi FL1 error
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:56:37 pm »
Hi - I have a 2006 Jacuzzi J345 and I just started getting an FL1 error.  I have shut the power off for a while and I have also taken the filters out.  I have tried blasting water into the inlets as well.  (I saw these ideas on other threads on this forum)

The pumps both work but the heater does not come on.  The tub is now 74F - down from 78F one day ago.  I have taken off the side panel and visibly everything looks ok.

There are two inlets where the two filters go.  One has a screen and one does not.  The inlet with the screen has no suction but the other inlet has very strong suction.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?  I have called my local dealer but they can't have someone come out until a week from today.  I am worried about freezing (I live in Toronto) although the night time lows over the next few days only go down to -1C.

Anyone have any ideas on what else to try?

If there is no suction from the one inlet does that indicate a problem?

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi FL1 error
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:56:37 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: Jacuzzi FL1 error
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 12:47:15 pm »
Sounds like the circulation pump is dead

Calisoldier83

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 10:38:13 pm »
I think the procedure is to run the pumps without the filters for 10 min. If you're worried about freezing then maybe drain it until the repair guy gets out there. Draining might help with the issue too.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 10:21:38 am »
DO NOT DRAIN IT!!!!  That is the worst thing you can do.  The best thing you can do is get a small space heater that has some sort of thermostat on it, even if it is just low, medium, and high.  Put that in the equipment area on medium and close everything up and cover the front with a blanket or tarp.  That will keep your spa from freezing for as much time as it takes for the repair guy to get out, especially if you leave the spa on so the main pumps can fire up every now and then. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 10:21:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42