What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: apartment spa jets pressure modification help please  (Read 1727 times)

mccrackin707

apartment spa jets pressure modification help please
« on: March 21, 2017, 03:07:38 pm »
Hi,   i have a couple questions regarding the 7500 gallon spa i provide maintenance on.   First ill give you the backstory as i know it. 
  A few years ago(before i worked here) there was a leak in one of the two jet suction lines from the spa to the pump, this was sealed and the pump was disconnected.     There are two pumps for the jets both are 1hp.  so with one line disconnected i only had four of eight jets operable. The repair for this leak would involve digging up the bottom of the spa(not in the budget to say the least).

I, being the outside the box thinker i am, decided to re route the disabled return line to the operational jets line, thus creating a fully functional spa jets system.    The results of my new system was 50% less pressure from all the jets.   so my thinking is to upgrade the pump to a 2.3hp pump to regain the lost pressure.... there are two inch pvc pipe and fittings.     should i go bigger like three inch? or is this a waste of money.   the new pump is 900-1200 depending on the 2.3 or the 3 hp pump

Hot Tub Forum

apartment spa jets pressure modification help please
« on: March 21, 2017, 03:07:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42