What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis question  (Read 5113 times)

Cora5

Marquis question
« on: March 20, 2017, 08:53:04 pm »
Hi,

I went to a dealership to look at the Marquis spas and I have to say that I was very impressed. I didn't get the opportunity to wet test but I will soon. I'm reviewing the spas on Marquis website and see that they have indicated which spas are Microsilk ready. I have my eye on the Show. The website doesn't indicate that this spa is Microsilk ready. Do you know if this feature can be added on to this model. Thank you

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis question
« on: March 20, 2017, 08:53:04 pm »

MarKee

Re: Marquis question
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 09:42:27 pm »
Hi Cora,

The Show is not available with MicroSilk because of the room that the MicroSilk pump requires. The Show is the most powerful tub in the Marquis lineup with 3 jet pumps, so there is just no room to place the MicroSilk pump.

The Epic is available with MicroSilk, and it's a great hot tub, with lots of power.  I own a 2007 Epic and it is a wonderful hot tub.  My hot tub looks brand new and is on all the original equipment after 10 years (not a single service call). That might be one to consider if you're looking at the Show model, not to say The Show isn't a great tub. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 09:47:35 pm »
To piggyback on what Markee said. Check out the resort if you are looking for a double lounge like tub. I own the ultimate version with microsilk. Very powerful and I love the adirondack chair in it. Probably my favorite seat in any tub I have tried. That might be another great option for you on your way to hot tub ownership

Cora5

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:56:53 pm »
That's very disappointing, because I really like the Show.

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 10:06:39 pm »
MicroSilk is a cool feature, but if it was me I would put the therapy in a slightly higher priority than the MicroSilk.  I've soaked in every major brand of hot tub on the market and there is nothing that will match the power of The Show.  It's a really great spa.  If MicroSilk is a huge deciding factor to you, I would suggest the Epic or Euphoria models.  What part of the country are you in?

Cora5

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 10:24:11 pm »
I'm in the Southeast. I family members that have eczema and will benefit from the micro silk feature. On the show I like the therapeutic jets on the tub.  :'( :'( 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 10:36:59 pm »
Power on all Marquis tubs is very good in the signature line. Wet test a couple models and you will see which one fits you the best. The show is a very powerful tub but power in my tub is. It lacking at all. The engineering department puts a lot of thought into the way each of these tubs are made to maximize the therapy aspect in each model

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 11:29:28 pm »
^ Hottubguy knows his stuff.  All of the larger 2-pump Signature Marquis models are very well powered.  Try the Epic, it's got one of the adirondack chairs like The Show, and it has a deep therapy seat that allows you to fully stretch out, similar to a lounge.  It actually has slightly more interior room than The Show because of the way the seating is configured. 

Cora5

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 06:15:04 pm »
Thank you Hottubguy and Markee. I will consider either the epic or Europha. Are both you guys Marquis dealers? If so, do you know of other customers demand for this option on the Show? Have these been forwarded over to Marquis for the next refresh on the model.

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 07:05:24 pm »
Hi Cora, yes we are both dealers that sell Marquis.  MicroSilk has only been around for 2-3 years, and
The Show was originally designed around 2009 before MicroSilk was in the picture.  It has been tweaked several times over the years, but the general layout, size, and jet configuration has stayed the same.  I'll pass on the suggestion, but I don't see it becoming available on The Show anytime in the foreseeable future.  Let us know if you have more questions about the spas!

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 07:54:39 pm »
Marquis has @ease as an option.  I note this as I've had customers who've had eczema and @ease really helped them out tremendously (Per them- I don't have any skin issues so I can only go by feedback).  You may be able to get what you want in power (The Show) and relief for your skin (@ease) w/o having to pay for the MicroSilk.  See about wet testing w/@ease in The Show and see how your skin reacts.

This may be a happy accident for you...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 08:44:11 pm »
Thank you Hottubguy and Markee. I will consider either the epic or Europha. Are both you guys Marquis dealers? If so, do you know of other customers demand for this option on the Show? Have these been forwarded over to Marquis for the next refresh on the model.

Yes I tried demanding it on my own Tub. Another friend of mine in Virginia who sells Marquis also always asks about it.  I think the biggest problem is a place to put the extra pump.  I don't expect that to become available anytime soon but Markee would now better then me on that one

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 08:44:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42