What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis 660 or Euphoria decision help  (Read 4257 times)

mojonez

Marquis 660 or Euphoria decision help
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:49:04 pm »
Hoping for some help on a purchase decision.

We've whittled it down to Marquis (local dealer, and as Oregonians we like Marquis   :) ). We like both the 660 and the Euphoria, but dealer has neither in stock, so dry or wet test is out.

I realize they are different series, so not directly comparable.

Basically, the issue is we like the more open/varied/simpler seating of the 660, but like the warranty, jet flow configuration, maybe higher quality? of the euphoria.

Basically its the seating.  If I compared to a car, the higher end therapy spas seem to tend more toward sports car seats, while the 660 is more like minivan seats.  More upright, more casual, like old style hot tub.  Maybe there's a term for this and i understand the deeper therapy seat thing helps keep you in place.

I know, the answer is wet test, but that's not an option. 

So I appeal to any euphoria/epic/660 owners out there!  Are my assumptions correct?  Should I just get the 660?

Oh yeah, does full foam help at all with sound dampening the filtration cycle?

Thanks!  This forums great!

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis 660 or Euphoria decision help
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:49:04 pm »

Cora5

Re: Marquis 660 or Euphoria decision help
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 11:45:58 pm »
Just an idea... If you have future plans for a trip out of state for vacation or whatever. Try locating a dealer then just to do a wet test. I personally wouldn't by a spa without first doing a wet test. Maybe some of the experts will chime in here.

I recently was faced with a similar situation wanting to wet test a Caldera spa. I had to travel almost an hour drive for the nearest dealer. It was well worth the trip.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 12:25:09 am »
Hoping for some help on a purchase decision.

We've whittled it down to Marquis (local dealer, and as Oregonians we like Marquis   :) ). We like both the 660 and the Euphoria, but dealer has neither in stock, so dry or wet test is out.

I realize they are different series, so not directly comparable.

Basically, the issue is we like the more open/varied/simpler seating of the 660, but like the warranty, jet flow configuration, maybe higher quality? of the euphoria.

Basically its the seating.  If I compared to a car, the higher end therapy spas seem to tend more toward sports car seats, while the 660 is more like minivan seats.  More upright, more casual, like old style hot tub.  Maybe there's a term for this and i understand the deeper therapy seat thing helps keep you in place.

I know, the answer is wet test, but that's not an option. 

So I appeal to any euphoria/epic/660 owners out there!  Are my assumptions correct?  Should I just get the 660?

Oh yeah, does full foam help at all with sound dampening the filtration cycle?

Thanks!  This forums great!

Kind of looking at two different tubs their. One open seating, one no lounge. One Mid Series one higher end series.  The pumps in both are identical. The big differences are on the euphoria you have a completely sealed bottom pan, nicer controller, HK40 jets and Spa Frog standard. Plus you get a extra 2 years on the warranty.  Either way you go you are getting a great spa

How many people will be typically using the tub?  What are the heights of the shortest and the tallest person who would typically be using the spa?    What Marquis Spas do they have on the floor both wet and dry?  Do they happen to have a vector 94L in stock?  That tub is kind of a mix in between both of those tubs as far as seating is concerned.

mojonez

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 12:45:41 am »
Usually 3, sometimes 4.  I'm 6', DW is 5'7', 2 kids (shortish people), and maybe a neighbor or 2

They did have a vector running.  And a 545.    DW I'm afraid was not a fan of the angles and the volcano on the vector.  I was happy to narrow down to 2, and finally removing Sundance and Hotsprings from the running.

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 01:30:56 am »
Mojonez:  Both are great spas, the 660 is a really cool layout, but the lounge is pretty deep.  I'm 5'10" and I really like that spa with water in it, but if I were any shorter it may be a little deep in a few of the seats.  I think you will find the comfort to be very similar, it just depends on if you want the lounge or not, and if you want to pay a little bit more for the Euphoria. Same exact pump system between the two, similar power on the jets, the Euphoria will have 5 HK-40 (hot zone) jets for one of the seats, and the whirlpool system. I think you would find that the jets are very good power in both models.

What part of Oregon are you in?  I'm a fellow Oregonian. I can direct you to some stores that have those models on display if you want to see them in person. They are absolutely great spas!

mojonez

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 02:33:01 am »
Hey Markee, we are in Corvallis area.  Couldn't make the Eugene home shown the other week.  Thanks!

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 02:40:39 pm »
I sent you a message

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 02:40:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42