What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Micro Silk pros and cons  (Read 10784 times)

Swisser

Marquis Micro Silk pros and cons
« on: March 16, 2017, 11:19:04 am »
Hi all,

I'm interested to find out more about the Marquis Micro Silk system from people who have actually used it and are not sales people.
Is it a good system, is the filtration able to keep up with what i would assume would be a lot more impurities in the water? Can the filtres be cleaned and how long do they last? Does having the system require more maintenance on your tub and water testing to keep it clean?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Micro Silk pros and cons
« on: March 16, 2017, 11:19:04 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis Micro Silk pros and cons
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:17:54 pm »
Hi all,

I'm interested to find out more about the Marquis Micro Silk system from people who have actually used it and are not sales people.
Is it a good system, is the filtration able to keep up with what i would assume would be a lot more impurities in the water? Can the filtres be cleaned and how long do they last? Does having the system require more maintenance on your tub and water testing to keep it clean?

Thanks

Seeing as how nobody else has commented. I am both a dealer and a owner of a Resort with microsilk.   No issues with filtration. It literally takes about a minute or two to clear the water back up after using the microsilk feature. Yes the filters can be cleaned, they are the same filters whether you have microsilk or not. I do rinse my filters weekly and give them a thorough cleaning every month or 2. No more maintenance then any other tub I've owned and the chemical regiment is the same.

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 03:22:40 am »
I'm also a Marquis salesperson, so I won't brag about the system, but one thing that speaks volumes is that I have yet to have had a  customer come in and say that they didn't like the system or that it didn't live up to their expectations.  Most people love it, and I will order it on my next hot tub that I buy.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 09:06:07 am »
As others have said, it is a good system.  I sold Marquis the last 3 years and just recently left the dealer I had been working for and now sell Caldera.  I had 1 MicroSilk pump failure in the 5 years I sold it (3 years Marquis, 2 Sunrise).  In my opinion, it has no effect on the filtration or chemical demand.  If I was still a Marquis dealer and could financially afford to do so, I would get either a Resort or Epic with MicroSilk as my wife would benefit from it and it would probably save me money in the long run considering how much is spent at the dermatologist annually.

My take on it always was that if it would have a direct benefit to you, then it is a great feature and worth it but if not, then I think you are best saving the $2,000 or using that money towards getting more hot tub. 

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 01:19:25 pm »
If any of you Marquis guys could help, I have a piggyback question: 

Artesian Spas (one of the brands I carry) also offers MicroSilk.  Not a very big draw in my market so I don't have many customers looking to add that feature.  Nevertheless- Its offered on only a few select models, and the ones that are available are on units with less jetting (33 or 45 jets, vs the same models w/o MicroSilk that will have up to 50-60+ jets).  As Marquis only offers their Signature line one way, my question is- Does their MicroSilk units come differently?  Meaning- is the jet count varied from a standard Signature unit, or is there anything different than a standard unit?

I like the feature but have been hard pressed to find clinical data on the many of the claims they make.  Be that as it may- I have indeed tried MicroSilk and it was an enjoyable experience, so please note I am not knocking the product in any way.  But as a salesperson I always want to make sure the claims made are true. 

If anyone has verifiable info they can share I'd be pleased to read it (I've done all the research I can but can't seem to find anything other than the salespitch from MicroSilk).

Sorry to jump in- Not trying to hijack the convo.  Just also interested in learning more, and not from MicroSilk or my own sales rep.  Thanks guys!

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 08:53:28 pm »
Jet count is the same on any Marquis, MicroSilk or not.  On the Promise and V77L, which can come as either a 1 or 2 pump system, they are only offered as a 1 pump with MicroSilk.  On the Epic and Euphoria, the equipment area is arranged differently to accommodate the MicroSilk pump.

The only information I had seen was whatever was provided by Jason International, which is the company that originally made MicroSilk before Balboa acquired it.

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 01:44:26 am »
As castleonia was referencing, MicroSilk is now offered in the Marquis Vector 21 models, so 9 models total.

You can read people raving about it, but some people say the claims cannot be proven.  I have heard of a few people say that it cures or relieved their psoriasis or their child's eczema. The next time we hear of one of these cases I will ask if they have any before and after pictures. I also sold a Euphoria model to a customer that worked in the beauty industry, and she came in specifically asking for spas with MicroSilk. She said that they offered MicroSilk treatments at her beauty salon. To me, that was a pretty telling sign that people were getting a lot of benefit from it if someone bought it  that worked in a salon that was selling the service.

Swisser

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 09:12:38 am »
Thanks for all the comments, and no worries about the piggy back question. Great for getting more info.
So as I understand it it's all pros and no cons.
Also am I correct in understanding that micro silk was not developed by Marquis but is only available on their tubs?

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 08:22:02 pm »
It is available on a few other brands, I believe Coast Spas, a few Artesian Spas, and a few Cal Spas. Marquis has done the best job integrating it in my opinion.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 08:43:23 pm »
Thanks for all the comments, and no worries about the piggy back question. Great for getting more info.
So as I understand it it's all pros and no cons.
Also am I correct in understanding that micro silk was not developed by Marquis but is only available on their tubs?

Jason's bath was the original inventor. Like Markee said a few other brands have tried it without much success. Marquis is definetely the leader in applying it to hot tubs. I sold Clearwater Spas for a short period of time and they also offered it. What a marquis generated in micro bubbles in 5 minutes Clearwater could not generate for the entire cycle. I use it quite frequently in my own spa. I call it my personal fountain of youth!

icenogle

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 12:59:30 am »
Pretty sure Marquis with Microsilk will be my next tub.  One of the Youtube videos says it is better than the fountain of youth and My wife is sold.

Cora5

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 07:02:01 pm »
Thanks a lot for bringing up this topic. I had narrowed my pick down to Caldera. Now I'm going to find a Marquis dealer tomorrow and do a wet test to see if I like the Microsilk feature. As someone here mentioned, I would also like to see proven clinical data on this feature.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 09:16:42 pm »
Thanks a lot for bringing up this topic. I had narrowed my pick down to Caldera. Now I'm going to find a Marquis dealer tomorrow and do a wet test to see if I like the Microsilk feature. As someone here mentioned, I would also like to see proven clinical data on this feature.

Clinical data is tough to find as I've done hours upon hours of research on it myself. The only negative column I could find was by a company called consumers digest.  Consumers digest plays itself off to be quite similar to consumer reports but when you look up consumers digest the companies that are labeled Best Buy awards pay for these awards. None of the products are actually tested.  You can find plenty of positive feedback on microsilk from consumers of the products worldwide

castletonia

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 10:42:07 pm »
I think any company that uses Balboa electronics technically can offer Microsilk however Marquis has made the greatest effort to make Microsilk as effective as possible. 

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »
Good to know that there is no clinical data MicroSilk out there.  I have sold only a few with my Artesian line and I knew Marquis also offered it (but there is no Marquis dealers in my town so I didn't get much info on it until I saw it at the 2015 Int'l Pool/Spa/Patio Expo).

Good luck with your purchase.  I've always admired Marquis Spas from afar...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42