What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Massage - Hot Tub v High end Massage Chair ?  (Read 5114 times)

Peterpack

Massage - Hot Tub v High end Massage Chair ?
« on: February 27, 2017, 08:56:37 am »
Just isolating the massage function of your hot tub, is there anyone who has a good hydrotherapy hot tub and also a high end massage chair ?

Just wondering how you rated the massage on each device ?

thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Massage - Hot Tub v High end Massage Chair ?
« on: February 27, 2017, 08:56:37 am »

Starman

Re: Massage - Hot Tub v High end Massage Chair ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 02:32:21 pm »
I have both, totally different if you have ever been in a jacuzzi type tub it is relaxing but it is not really a deep massage. Massage chairs use rollers on your back  and pressure and air to squeeze and release your hands legs etc They do not give good neck massages. nor do they do the front of your body , neither does a hot tub ; of course you can stand in front of the jets; hard to lay on a massage chair
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:58:38 pm by Starman »

Peterpack

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 06:41:41 am »
I did my first wet test today ! it was in a spa a slightly higher end model than the one i was targeting

It has good specs, two powerful pumps etc

I think my expectations were too much. I was expecting a different type of massage to a massage chair but just as vigorous.

I have to say i am disappointed and am now leaning to now getting a spa.

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 06:58:12 am »
I have used massage chairs, the very expensive ones that engulf your arms and legs and I have a very high end spa and the two are in no way comparable. That does not mean one is better than the other. I wouldn’t even try and compare a chair massage to a real massage as the two are widely different and maybe a bit more similar.

The benefits of a spa come about in a much different way than manipulation in a massage. If you are expecting that then a spa is not for you.

fredric40

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 03:20:59 am »
I have been using the shiatsu massagers for years...I got mine in a decent price, This company has massage nodes you can choose for your own comfort and the heat therapy really helps with my lower back aches.. I'm not so young anymore.
Now when i tried hot tub, there is no comparison. Don't get me wrong, the massage chair does give a good deep massage, but compared the massage in a hot tub, whilst submerged in lovely hot water...try once. You will not disappoint.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 03:05:20 am by fredric40 »

Ripper238

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 01:53:51 pm »
Each are a totally different experiences and serve different preposes. A physical massage has different immediate benefits vs hot tub with its heat and jet therapy, so it depends on your needs (injury's, stress, HBP). Generally a hot tub will provide much better benefits over a massage chair alone for most long term needs.

I have had and sold different message chairs over the years and they have come a long way. I have a contact at infinity massage chairs as well as Johnson fitness massage chairs and they seem to make some pretty good ones with a wide range of prices and crazy features.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 01:53:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42