What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: More Problems with Bullfrog Spa  (Read 23374 times)

FL Person

Re: More Problems with Bullfrog Spa
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 09:27:26 am »
  All I can tell you at this point is to keep on them, for everything, it sounds like the service company is trying though..

I'm going to try to be an optimist;  the spa just ran its morning one hour filter cycle -  which for the past two weeks consistently resulted in the sound discussed previously - and today the sound was quite normal.  Maybe it was related to the Ozonator/plastic plug after all?

Just curious, are those of you who are dealers aware of the plastic plug that needs to be removed from the jet that the Ozonator is connected to?

So far, I feel like my dealer dropped the ball on three things:

1) After I explained that this was my first time owning a spa or pool and that I knew absolutely nothing about chemical strategy, they did not tell me what now seems to be simple and obvious; never add chemicals when the water is not circulating.

2) They did not ensure the valve for the waterfall feature was properly installed from the factory.  The first time I turned the valve 1/4 turn it blew out, resulting in a powerful geyser spraying my brand new tongue-and-groove ceiling until I could scramble to the control panel to turn-off the pump.

3) They did not know to remove the plastic restrictor in the jet after connecting a dealer installed Ozonator.

FL Person

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 09:27:26 am »

FL Person

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 11:43:45 am »
I want to update this thread.  As I posted in a different thread, I have a Jetpak manifold that has somehow failed (cracked?).  While I was at the dealer, I pointed out that my Jetpaks have a spacer siliconed in between the o-ring and the Jetpak that was supplied by Bullfrog to correct the constant o-ring "blow-out" issue described earlier in this thread.

I don't want to have the same issue with the warranty replacement Jetpak so I inquired whether the replacement Jetpak will come with this spacer already installed.  The dealer told me the o-rings have been redesigned.  She showed me one of the new o-rings, which are now blue and look somewhat different from the previous design.

I'm assuming (1) that my replacement Jetpak will come with this new style o-ring and (2) that the o-ring has been redesigned because of "blow-out" problems.

More to come.

FL Person
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:51:18 am by FL Person »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 03:58:45 pm »
I want to update this thread.  As I posted in a different thread, I have a Jetpak manifold that has somehow failed (cracked?).  While I was at the dealer, I pointed out that my Jetpaks have a spacer siliconed in between the o-ring and the Jetpak that was supplied by Bullfrog to correct the constant o-ring "blow-out" issue described earlier in this thread.

I don't want to have the same issue with the warranty replacement Jetpak so I inquired whether the replacement Jetpak will come with this spacer already installed.  The dealer told me the o-rings have been redesigned.  She showed me one of the new o-rings, which are now blue and look somewhat different from the previous design.

I'm assuming (1) that my replacement Jetpak will come with this new style o-ring and (2) that the o-ring has been redesigned because of "blow-out" problems.

More to come.

FL Person

Yes it should come with the new blue one, not sure if that's why they changed it guessing so, not that it happens all that often.   No idea if they can be added to an older jet pack though.

FL Person

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 05:20:23 pm »
No idea if they can be added to an older jet pack though.
Exactly what I'm wondering.

I don't know if it's only the o-ring that's changed or the Jetpak as well.

FL Person

FL Person

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 08:18:05 pm »
I've now had two of three Jetpaks replaced under warranty.  The first had a cracked manifold and the second had a failed shutoff valve (the valve would pop out when turned).

The two replacement Jetpaks both have vastly improved shutoff valves, which only require a quarter turn to fully open/close, vs. the older units which require several revolutions of the valve. 

As mentioned previously in this thread, the "new" Jetpak design also has an improved blue o-ring. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 10:57:39 am by FL Person »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 08:18:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42