What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to tell ozinator is not working?  (Read 3314 times)

tlippy

How to tell ozinator is not working?
« on: March 02, 2017, 12:59:57 pm »
Anyway to measure ozone in a hot tub?  If it's not working?  or Just replace it every 5 years?

Hot Tub Forum

How to tell ozinator is not working?
« on: March 02, 2017, 12:59:57 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: How to tell ozinator is not working?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 06:02:42 pm »
Anyway to measure ozone in a hot tub?  If it's not working?  or Just replace it every 5 years?

Yea, depending on the brand and style of generator you have it may need to be changed even more often.

Measuring O3 in a hot tub is not cost effective for a home owner. 400-1000s$ for a meter and 3-4 hundred dollars a year to service this type of air testing equipment. Water treatment plants spend the money to do it but for a hot tub?

What type of generator is it and who's the manufacturer? Maybe it hasn't been working or benefiting for the last year or 2? Have you tried without it? Can you smell it when you open the cover? Smells like thunderstorms.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:05:53 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

TemptingDestiny

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 06:25:10 pm »
There are Ozone Test Kits you can purchase, meant for spas. You can also check the brand of Ozone System you have and see if there is a way to clean the line(s) as well. Sometimes that can help- it may not be producing enough because the system is partially blocked/plugged.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 07:47:19 pm »
How long have you had the spa?  That will let you know as well, but only if you're able to answer the aforementioned questions from Tman in conjunction.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 10:42:56 pm »
There are Ozone Test Kits you can purchase, meant for spas. You can also check the brand of Ozone System you have and see if there is a way to clean the line(s) as well. Sometimes that can help- it may not be producing enough because the system is partially blocked/plugged.

I've found those test kits to be hit or miss mostly miss.
Retired

TemptingDestiny

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 01:41:57 am »

I've found those test kits to be hit or miss mostly miss.
[/quote]
I can say I don't sell many of them. Smell and sometimes visuals with water not being as clear are usually our telling signs. For the rare occasion someone might want to try everything before replacing, it is an option. I do think the OP could try cleaning their ozone line just in case.

P.S....sorry for the funky quote, my phone is obnoxious.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 01:41:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42