What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance 750 LCD Control Panel  (Read 2379 times)

geomeo123

Sundance 750 LCD Control Panel
« on: February 20, 2017, 02:30:54 pm »
I have a Sundance 750 hot tub that everything works on except the LCD display or the mother board is faulty.  Not sure exactly how to test.  While the hot tub is in operation I unplug the cable on the motherboard that runs to the control display and plug it back in.  The display works for a while then eventually goes off again.   I don't think it's dirty connections that is the problem as they seem quite clean on the one side.  However I haven't unsealed the control panel side  to check the other end of the cable as I don't have sealer to seal again.  Everything else works on it jets heater etc....  Just the display is causing an issue.  Is there a way to test the control panel vs the motherboard with a volt meter maybe?   Or what could be the problem?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance 750 LCD Control Panel
« on: February 20, 2017, 02:30:54 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Sundance 750 LCD Control Panel
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 05:23:08 pm »
I have a Sundance 750 hot tub that everything works on except the LCD display or the mother board is faulty.  Not sure exactly how to test.  While the hot tub is in operation I unplug the cable on the motherboard that runs to the control display and plug it back in.  The display works for a while then eventually goes off again.   I don't think it's dirty connections that is the problem as they seem quite clean on the one side.  However I haven't unsealed the control panel side  to check the other end of the cable as I don't have sealer to seal again.  Everything else works on it jets heater etc....  Just the display is causing an issue.  Is there a way to test the control panel vs the motherboard with a volt meter maybe?   Or what could be the problem?

Not really a good way to test the board with a volt meter. How about go to your local dealer and see if they have a display you can plug in to help define the problem. I'm assuming phone cord style? They may want to plug in their display themselves, might cost an hour.
Retired

geomeo123

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 11:19:38 pm »
It is a "phone cord like style" jack.  Slightly larger though more similar to an Ethernet/network cable but flat.  I was hoping there would be a standard pinout and communications protocol for them? 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 11:19:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42