What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi circuitboard fix  (Read 2631 times)

ChiefQM

Jacuzzi circuitboard fix
« on: February 14, 2017, 03:40:32 pm »
Hello all.  I have been having problems with my J-315 for some time.  If any sort of contact was made with the body of the hot tub, as lightly as resting body weight on the top, to dropping half of the cover down hard on the top, various things would occur.  Most common would be that the FL-1 signal would flash.  I replaced the Flow switch twice, thinking there was something wrong.  Sometimes I would get a dark control panel, other times the temp would display but the light and + and - buttons wouldn't work.  Usually, my Navy Chief technical training would take hold and I would slap the top or side until the lights came back on. Most recently, the circ pump and heater quit.  I ordered a new circ pump on the off chance it was bad, but 4 or 5 slaps later, it started working again and the heater came on.  Today, I pulled the side off and opened the control box.  I checked carefully to make sure all connections to the circuits were tight and checked all the grounds.  Finally, I touched the communications wire from the circuit board to the control panel.  The socket on the circuit board was loose.  I powered up the tub and confirmed that wiggling the comms cable was causing the issue. 

Now...

I really, really don't want to change the circuit board if it doesn't need to be changed.  Is there something that I can use safely - silicone adhesive, chewing gum, whatever, to get that socket to stay in place?  Or should I just take the circuit board out and have someone solder a new socket on there? 

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi circuitboard fix
« on: February 14, 2017, 03:40:32 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi circuitboard fix
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 06:08:14 pm »
  I would squirt a little glob of silicone around it just to hold it steady and not move, shouldn't hurt anything. 

ChiefQM

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 06:24:10 pm »
Thanks, that what I was hoping. While waiting on the sage advice from the members of the forum, I wedged a twig under it that appears to be doing the trick temporarily.  Many thanks.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 08:12:38 pm »
  I would squirt a little glob of silicone around it just to hold it steady and not move, shouldn't hurt anything.

I would put the silicon on the cable male plug end sides and let it dry. Then trim it till it fights in tight.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 08:12:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42