What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Swimspa Quality  (Read 2134 times)

braves22

Swimspa Quality
« on: February 17, 2017, 04:52:06 pm »
Hi everyone,

i'm looking to buy a 6m single zone swim spa.

there seems to be a vast number of options around and two very different types of price bracket. at the lower end there are Passion Spa's sold by a  variety of dealers and then the Catalunya sold by Black Diamond Spa's. at the other end there is the likes of Hydropool. the difference is between £12k and £25k for what on the outside seems like the same thing.

has anyone got any views and / or experience of the passion/catalunya spa's vs the more expensive ones?

thanks for the help,
Adam

Hot Tub Forum

Swimspa Quality
« on: February 17, 2017, 04:52:06 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Swimspa Quality
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 02:03:51 pm »
You are paying more for quality, energy efficiancy, swimming experience, warranty and so on.  Have you tried any of them?  When you do you will notice the difference

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 02:23:50 pm »
We went from selling MAAX Powerpools to Endless Pools Fitness Systems last year.  I can tell you that MAAX's price point was from about $16k-$29k, depending on the model and options.  Endless Price point is $20k-$55.  Big difference yeah? 

I can say that from quality alone, it is totally worth it.  MAAX isn't bad either.  Features... that's a different story.  I honestly would try everything out if you are thinking of spending at least $12k.  ($12k is A LOT of money... you better like it.)  However, if you are looking for a swim unit... try swimming in it before buying... and make sure you like it.  I'd rather spend $30-$40k to get something I'll actually like using versus going cheap and end up hating it.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 02:56:35 pm »
there is no such thing as a swim spa for 12k...there are companies building big, non-insulated, inefficient hot tubs they are calling swim spas for 12k but they won't give you a true swimming experience because they are not properly jetted nor do they have adequate pumps (HP and Quantity) to truly swim against.  Then once you rip away the cabinet the quality differences will also be seen...steel and treated wood vs. cheap pallet wood, cheap deck screws to hold pumps/heaters down vs. stainless steel hardware, completely open bottom (terrible for efficiency) vs enclosed..and the list goes on and on...if you want a quality 17' swim spa you'll be spending upwards of 20-30k just like d00nut mentioned

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 03:49:27 pm »
He's not using US$.  Don't know the exchange rate but it'll be more than US$12,000.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 03:49:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42