What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: bullfrog owners! Have some questions for you...  (Read 4313 times)

hotubbing

bullfrog owners! Have some questions for you...
« on: April 04, 2017, 02:12:44 pm »
Hi,

My husband and I are looking at the bullfrog spas. We are experienced spa owners and this time around, Bullfrog is our top choice. My husband is sold on custom jetpacks, so Model r6. I'm not so sure, as I'm the one who always cleaned our tubs. I'm preferring the Model X6R which looks soo much easier to clean, less edges, and no cracks and crevices that the jetpack models show. Does anyone have cleaning experiences with the jetpack models? Easy, Moderate, Annoying? And are the Model R6 owners regret not opting for jetpacks?

Thank you for any insight on these tubs!

Hot Tub Forum

bullfrog owners! Have some questions for you...
« on: April 04, 2017, 02:12:44 pm »

Beck0101

Re: bullfrog owners! Have some questions for you...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 05:26:02 pm »
If you keep the water clean I assume the model shouldn't really matter?  But to answer your question I personally have no problems with the jetpacks.  I've had a scum line form once or twice before I discovered the "scum bags" and cleaning behind the jet packs was a five minute ordeal.  They packs are easy to remove and easy to clean (in my experience).

I haven't been in an X (or R) as I have an A8L but I think the jet packs are really quite nice.  Of course my wife and I have found our favorites and now they never change seats but it was certainly nice initially getting to move them around...

hotubbing

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 06:54:46 pm »
The scum line. Unfortunately in our experience, it comes with the guests. When we had our last tub we had dedicated spa suits, that never saw the washing machine so no soapy scum lines, but this spa will be located at a ski condo, so we anticipate guests using it and hence soap scum. Our last tub environment was sunny california, so I never had to go out in sub zero temps to clean a tub.

dporter22

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 09:52:39 pm »
I've had my A7 for a couple of years now and have never had a problem with cleaning.  I keep the water clean and pop the jetpaks out every few months to wipe off any scum.

Obviously if you have a high occupant load you'll need to clean more often, but it only takes a second to pop the jetpaks out and back in if you need to get behind them.

Skysurfer2010

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 12:36:37 am »
I have an x model and have absolutely no regrets that it doesn't have jetpacks. I actually really like the LED lights and the waterfall on the x better than the R or A.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 11:04:51 am »
Keep up with your water-care/filter cleanings/maintenance and cleaning it will be no different from any other spa!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 11:04:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42