What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog - sucked up scumbug  (Read 6718 times)

GrayBeardCA

Bullfrog - sucked up scumbug
« on: March 16, 2017, 01:09:58 am »
Ugh. So yeah... I put the tub on Hold mode and was rinsing the filters when I got distracted... when I came back out I heard the pump running. Scumbug nowhere to be found. I thought I took it out of the tub but I can't find it anywhere, I suspect it was sucked up while the filters were off. Pump 1 is very weak. Pump 2 was normal. I turned the tub off and I'm draining right now. How screwed am I? I plan to see if I can use the wetvac and suction the thing out. Any ideas?

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog - sucked up scumbug
« on: March 16, 2017, 01:09:58 am »

MarKee

Re: Bullfrog - sucked up scumbug
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 01:12:43 am »
You probably just need to unhook the plumbing union that hooks to the pump that is weak, and stick your fingers in it to see if you can fish it out of there.

GrayBeardCA

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 03:44:52 pm »
Update: Drained the tub last night, I was able to find a picture online and figure out which pump went to the weak side. Undid the pipe and there it was. Fortunately it was still in one piece! Hopefully this is my last learning experience  :o

GrayBeardCA

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 10:36:25 pm »
Tub cleaned, water refilled and the moment of truth when I turned the power back on... both pumps work like normal again. Thank goodness.

And if you were wondering... I threw that scumbug away!

TheSunshyn

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 03:38:41 am »
Glad you got it fixed without too many complications.

So uh... Now I can laugh about a bullfrog eating a bug, right?  :D

GrayBeardCA

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 07:28:26 pm »
Glad you got it fixed without too many complications.

So uh... Now I can laugh about a bullfrog eating a bug, right?  :D

LOL, yes, you can. There should be a thread for hot tub blunders, I know I've made a couple so far.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 07:43:31 pm »
  Best blunder I ever saw was a lady that poured a QT of filter cleaner in her spa to clean the filters. Oh it cleaned them alright, 2 water changes later and it was good and her filters were sparkling.  ;)

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 04:53:35 pm »
  Best blunder I ever saw was a lady that poured a QT of filter cleaner in her spa to clean the filters. Oh it cleaned them alright, 2 water changes later and it was good and her filters were sparkling.  ;)

I had a guy come in with a beat red face looking like he wanted to kill someone...come to find out his son who was in high school must have been having some teenage relationship drama because someone had creeped over in the middle of the night and poured at least 2 full bottles of Hershey's chocolate syrup into the family Hot Tub  ;D

Sam

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 03:25:07 pm »

Haha  :D  I had a lady call me saying she had 2' of foam in her hot tub.  She sent a picture and it was pretty intense.  I asked what she had possibly added to the hot tub and she insisted nothing but the chemicals we had sold her.  So I had her list off exactly what those chemicals were and one of them was the bottle of filter cleaner  :o  Haha, oops!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 03:25:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42