What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-335 LED Light Problem  (Read 5441 times)

caceman

Jacuzzi J-335 LED Light Problem
« on: February 10, 2017, 03:30:28 pm »
Hi,
The LED lights in my spa recently stopped working.

The other night I went to add bromine and they wouldn't turn on when I pressed the light button on the control panel, but they did turn on and begin cycling through the colors when I pressed the light button that controls the color change.

Now, when the primary light button is pressed, the lights will quickly flash blue, then begin changing to purple by bringing on the red LEDs, and finally shut off. The process takes around 1 second.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong or where to begin troubleshooting?

Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-335 LED Light Problem
« on: February 10, 2017, 03:30:28 pm »

mrpenguin

Re: Jacuzzi J-335 LED Light Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 10:03:54 am »
I have had my share of Jacuzzi LED issues.   What year is yours?  Recent?  Check each of the LED areas carefully.  Make sure there is no hint of rust or corrosion within the LED.  Make sure there are no cracks in the clear acrylic holding the actual LED.   I had it where my one waterfall LED got so bad, it shorted out.   When one LED unit shorts, the entire LED system turns off.  You can better isolate the problem by disconnecting half of the LEDs from the distribution panel thing.   If the remaining ones stay lit, add half of the unplugged ones, etc.   Eventually, you should be able to get an idea as to which one is the cause.   It also could be the actual distribution unit is messed up too.  All of my LED issues were at the LED side.  The cupholders looked to be over tightened so they had hairline cracks that over time killed them.  The waterfall ones were not properly sealed, and you can see where it is obvious water got in and did its damage.  I finally spent the money and replaced my waterfall LEDS (both went bad months ago).  Prior to installing them, I added a nice coat of BOSS 802 (maybe 801 - I borrowed some) where any of the possible intrusion points were.  Hopefully this THIRD set lasts a long time. 

Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Jacuzzi J-335 LED Light Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 10:03:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42