What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: One mans trash is another mans treasure.  (Read 7232 times)

Sneakyfeet

One mans trash is another mans treasure.
« on: December 09, 2016, 07:26:22 pm »
Artesian spas Resort spas 2008 856l 6 seater.

While working at a customers house they told me they were going to have a moving company come and haul their hot tub to the landfill. I assumed it was in bad shape but decided id check it out anyway. this is what i saw. Also it is hard to see in the photos but they had left the cover V up so it had caught all the water and every leaf. 2 people could barely pick it up.So i tested the heater and jets everything seemed to be working fine. I paid a mover to get it to my house and proceeded to fill and test it at my place. I waited 2-3 weeks for the new top and it arrived damaged so i had to refuse shipment. but a week and a half later i got a top in perfect condition. I just installed the top and ez lifter bars last night. got the water treated and have it up to temp. Me and the wife will be using it tonight when she gets home from work. Once i can get better pictures (and clean the backyard) ill post final shots. All in all it turned out to be a spectacular free spa. i ended up spending around 1500$ on base and new top and fixing a small leak. had a technician look at it and everything is running as it should.

Hot Tub Forum

One mans trash is another mans treasure.
« on: December 09, 2016, 07:26:22 pm »

Alicatt

Re: One mans trash is another mans treasure.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 03:18:37 pm »
Nice job on that, just starting out on renovating an old tub from my son that was on it's way to the recycle yard

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 04:50:50 pm »
New covers are almost always required guys. Nice job to both of you.
Retired

emilydyer392

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 03:14:42 am »
You just found treasure enjoy your hottub!

bullet72

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 09:41:02 am »
Wow! You really got lucky! They must be rich to have something like that thrown into a landfill. Good thing you were there to bring it home.

newb22

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 03:36:07 pm »
Wow you did an awesome job!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 03:36:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42