What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Winer Project  (Read 6783 times)

Alicatt

My Winer Project
« on: January 24, 2017, 03:45:57 pm »
My son got a hot tub as part payment but could not get it to work so he was going to dump it at the recycle park but decided that I could have a go at getting it up and running.
It is in a bit of a sorry state but the finish is still good under the grime, the electrics have been hacked about a bit but should be fixable without too much trouble and the wood surround will vanish up just nice too.

Tub is sitting on a hard base beside my garage while I work on it, also it is closer to the electrics and ground water pump, mains water is VERY expensive here in Belgium!

Hacked electrics on the Rooster 3kW heater...

I was a bit shocked to see how the last person had hooked it up to the mains electricity!

Once I have tested it and made sure there are no leaks etc. I will be adding a bit more insuslation to the pipework etc. :)

Edited to make the pictures smaller :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:06:36 pm by Alicatt »

Hot Tub Forum

My Winer Project
« on: January 24, 2017, 03:45:57 pm »

Alicatt

Re: My Winer Project
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 03:54:02 pm »
The weather has taken a turn for the better for the next week or so, so took the opportunity to give the tub a bit of a wash down, used a cleaning product meant for μPVC windows, it came up a treat, then pumped it out with a submersible pump. New LX heater has arrived but I have not fitted it yet.

Alicatt

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 11:09:11 am »
A lot of dirt came out...

But at least the blower works...

and with more water all three pumps work...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 04:49:14 pm »
The price was right. Good job.
Retired

emilydyer392

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 03:21:05 am »
Looks Good Man!

Alicatt

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 05:07:09 pm »
A bit more progress, most things are running, the LED light was connected round the wrong way so it didn't work until I swapped it round
Took this pic last night apologies for the terrible iphone pic

Also found that the wiring has really been hacked and that the control panel has no control over the heater, the heater is wired directly to the breaker, I will pull the control panel off and check out what has gone wrong on it for it to have been hacked, the original heater works after a fashion, one of the temperature sensors was stuck but a wriggle and it is now operating, you can hear the water boil in the heater if you disconnect the circulation pump. Just now I have it connected to a 16A breaker which does not give a lot of headroom to have everything on at the same time!

Off on holiday at the end of next week so not much work will be done... and the tub will be cold for my stay-at-home son ... can't see him having a party with it, and the other kids are now sorting themselves out to see who gets first soak :D

bullet72

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 09:41:29 am »
Great job! The tub looks as good as new.

Alicatt

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 04:13:31 pm »
Thanks, it is all working except the backlight on the display, just before I went on holiday earlier this month I changed out all the relays on the relay board as one of them for pump 3 was sticking on, so at the cost of them $10 for 12 relays + postage and packing making a total of $14 and they are the original fitment on the board, if they have lasted 10+ years then great. While I had the board out there was a revision date on it of Oct 2006 So I guess that gives me a ball park age of my tub. We are just back and I have cleaned out the jets and pipework and re-filled the tub but won't get a chance to use it before Sunday.

Also the CD input for the audio is working as is the FM radio so we can have some background music while relaxing :)

Next door, they have started tearing down the dividing wall and hedge between our properties and they are about to start a new extension and garage so I may have to move the tub shortly.

bullet72

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 08:58:19 am »
Listening music while lingering on the hot tub is really relaxing.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 08:58:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42