What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: person tubs  (Read 14009 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: person tubs
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 08:28:06 pm »
I bought an Aria last year and I'm very happy with it. I checked out most brands felt the Aria was the best overall tub for us. I liked the seating layout, especially the corner seat and the foot jets. Loungers are always a different feel for everyone so wet testing is a must. I did fit well with this one. I didn't like brands that had a lounger with a "lip" on the side that pinned you in place. If you're a bigger person, this is a concern.

Even though the jets are strong with the 2 pumps, I do wish they were a little more powerful I like VERY strong, almost painful. Of course, this can be obtained with the diverter valve and shutting some jets but I would love an overall 25 increase.

My second place tubs were the Bullfrog R7L, R6L and Hot Spring Flair. Good luck I don't have any buyers remorse with the Aria.

When it comes time to replace the pumps we can get you 25% easy. To bad you can't adjust pump GPM from the factory.

Do we have any manufacturer reps on this site? Is a custom order with a higher, or lower GPM possible? To add more options for the more refined customers out there who are willing to wait for a special order after tying 2-3 different options in your store? Anyone who thinks jet pacs and those kinds of gimmicks are a big deal would love variable GPM availability. Or better yet why isn't a variable speed pump option not more available yet? I have installed many on in-ground pools and tubs.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:36:54 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 08:28:06 pm »

d00nut

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2017, 11:08:23 pm »
Do we have any manufacturer reps on this site? Is a custom order with a higher, or lower GPM possible?

Not a rep.  But I can tell you, the answer is no until someone makes it a big deal.  The reason why is because of SKU count.  Custom hot tubs are not aligned with manufacturing efficiency... I've heard that speech a million times. 

Unless someone big in the industry makes that a big deal, I don't see it happening.

The most custom hot tubs out there I would argue is Thermospas... and we all know what pieces of garbage they are.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 09:12:15 pm »
  One thing I like with BF pumps they are both 2 speed, a lot of companies have gone to just single speed. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2017, 06:59:12 am »
  One thing I like with BF pumps they are both 2 speed, a lot of companies have gone to just single speed.

Most manufacturers use 2 speed pumps. So you get 2-4 options. Variable speed gives you hundreds of options.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2017, 04:43:38 pm »

Most manufacturers use 2 speed pumps. So you get 2-4 options. Variable speed gives you hundreds of options.

Do they though?  Most have maybe 1 2 speed.  Marquis also uses all 2 speed.  I would love to see VS pumps in hot tubs.  Cost would be through the roof though

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 05:25:41 pm »
 I have never seen variable speed pumps in a spa, which mnfg uses them Tman?     Closest I have seen is the "direct flow" system from Artesian, which doesn't change the actual speed of the pump, but the flow of water.   

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2017, 06:36:31 pm »

at least 80% or more of manufacturers use a 1 speed for pump #2 (matter of fact Bullfrog and Marquis are the only brands I know of that DO, maybe others can chime in on other brands?) and NOBODY is currently using a TRUE variable speed system...too much $$

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2017, 10:18:29 am »
I have never seen variable speed pumps in a spa, which mnfg uses them Tman?     Closest I have seen is the "direct flow" system from Artesian, which doesn't change the actual speed of the pump, but the flow of water.

Yeah- I got tripped up on this.  I totally thought Artesian does indeed have variable speed pumps, as I watched the amp meter but someone on here corrected me (I forget who but I'd love to credit him/her) and I opened one up and alas- I was wrong.  Thats why I love this site- Always learning.

I've heard rumblings that Marquis is doing something the same/similar as what Artesian does on their DirectFlow, and will be introducing it on their Vector line but that could just be hearsay. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2017, 10:23:20 am »

Yeah- I got tripped up on this.  I totally thought Artesian does indeed have variable speed pumps, as I watched the amp meter but someone on here corrected me (I forget who but I'd love to credit him/her) and I opened one up and alas- I was wrong.  Thats why I love this site- Always learning.

I've heard rumblings that Marquis is doing something the same/similar as what Artesian does on their DirectFlow, and will be introducing it on their Vector line but that could just be hearsay.

Marquis is doing something where each individual set is adjustable to your own comfort level on the vector series.  I don't know enough about Artesian to say how similar it is though

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2017, 10:40:11 am »

Marquis is doing something where each individual set is adjustable to your own comfort level on the vector series.  I don't know enough about Artesian to say how similar it is though

Artesian 5 seats 5 individual pumps 4 seats 4 pumps with a controls and on/off btn for each seat.    Problem we ran into when we were selling them, was maintaining access to all the sides with the consumer as that's where each pump was.    Kind of a pain when one failed and we/they had to move the spa to get to it.   That being said the pumps they used had a very low failure rate.   

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2017, 01:48:02 pm »

Artesian 5 seats 5 individual pumps 4 seats 4 pumps with a controls and on/off btn for each seat.    Problem we ran into when we were selling them, was maintaining access to all the sides with the consumer as that's where each pump was.    Kind of a pain when one failed and we/they had to move the spa to get to it.   That being said the pumps they used had a very low failure rate.

Marquis is 2 pumps with each individual seat controlled.  5 Pumps, thing must blow you away

Chk

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2017, 09:59:57 pm »
Went and put a hold on a 2016 late year Tahitian floor model $8,500 (I thought 8 but 8,500) plus $300 for audio, includes cover, stairs, breaker box, three months chemicals, set up and two more visits in the first month to make sure I know what I'm doing. I owned a Sundance in 2008 that I loved and was very impressed with Caldera. Loved the foot and calf jets, lighting and the look and feel of it.

Think I'll go for the conceete slab, not spa pad.   I can wait.   

I thank everyone for their thoughtful and helpful comments.  Im sure I'll have questions once i get  myvtub.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2017, 10:26:00 pm »
Wow. Sounds like he really wanted to move that tub. Was it a wet model?  Wondering why so cheap. You got the deal of your life so congratulations to you. You will enjoy it

TheSunshyn

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2017, 03:54:47 am »
Congratulations! Sounds like you got a killer deal! Caldera just shipped their new models so I wouldn't be surprised if one reason for the deal was due to the dealer needing more room on the floor.

You won't be disappointed with your Tahitian. I only just retired mine after 16 years of daily use so that we could downsize to a Kauai, but it probably had years left in it. Caldera spas are excellent quality. Doesn't hurt that they have a great jet setup and feel.  :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2017, 06:51:15 am »

Re-read my post.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2017, 06:51:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42