What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: person tubs  (Read 14011 times)

Chk

Re: person tubs
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 01:49:24 pm »
Thanks for the input on the A vs R.   My thinking is if I'm spending 7, I'd go the extra $.  It's a one time purchase.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 01:49:24 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 04:23:17 pm »
Thanks for the input on the A vs R.   My thinking is if I'm spending 7, I'd go the extra $.  It's a one time purchase.

go big or go home :-) good luck!

Chk

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:27 am »
Yes 15k, went to a Sundance dealer, it only a little less.   Makes the Jetsetter and Bullfrog look a whole lot better

Water Boy

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 12:25:49 pm »
Yes 15k, went to a Sundance dealer, it only a little less.   Makes the Jetsetter and Bullfrog look a whole lot better

Wow, that seems excessive to me, but I don't sell those brands of spas. Did you ever go look at the Arctic Fox and get a price on that. We sell them for significantly less than 15K.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Chk

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2017, 06:37:58 pm »
My wife and I just wet tested a Jetsetter but then she wet tested a Gleem and so long Jetsetter.   She loved the foot jets and the variety. $7,000 for a 2013 model.  Going back to test a Flair or Caldera Tahtian which looks awesome. We can get a brand new 2016 Tahitian for $8,000.  Soubds like a good deal? 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2017, 07:23:52 pm »
My wife and I just wet tested a Jetsetter but then she wet tested a Gleem and so long Jetsetter.   She loved the foot jets and the variety. $7,000 for a 2013 model.  Going back to test a Flair or Caldera Tahtian which looks awesome. We can get a brand new 2016 Tahitian for $8,000.  Soubds like a good deal?

That's 3k less then I sell a Tahitian for. I don't understand how you can possibly sell one that cheap. Does it have the new look or is it from the first half of 2016?

Chk

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2017, 10:57:06 pm »
Dont know whether its the new look.   He said it sells for $10,500 normally.   Do you recommend it?   I havent looked at Caldera before. 

bud16415

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 11:29:35 am »
The Tahitian and the Geneva both underwent changes in 2016 as mentioned. We have the older style Geneva Wood looking outsides. I compared the new to ours and they added some features changed some and took some away. IMO they took more away that we like than they added. If you can get the older model for that good price it could be a great decision.   

Chk

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 01:50:24 pm »
Do you know what they took away?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2017, 02:17:49 pm »
The Tahitian and the Geneva both underwent changes in 2016 as mentioned. We have the older style Geneva Wood looking outsides. I compared the new to ours and they added some features changed some and took some away. IMO they took more away that we like than they added. If you can get the older model for that good price it could be a great decision.

They didn't take anything away. They changed the cabinet, sealed off the bottom and a few other cosmetic changes

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2017, 02:20:12 pm »
Dont know whether its the new look.   He said it sells for $10,500 normally.   Do you recommend it?   I havent looked at Caldera before.

For 8k I think it's a steal. I would definitely go check it out

bud16415

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2017, 05:21:49 pm »
Do you know what they took away?

One thing we enjoy I didn’t see listed in the new Geneva was the air blower. We actually use and enjoy that a lot. I thought they took it out but could be wrong. The large jet on the floor I think they went from one to two. Ours the bottom was sealed with the plastic tray like bottom.

Again that was the Geneva I haven’t compared the Tahitian side by side.

Chk

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2017, 07:23:36 pm »
Thank you for your responses, I think I'll get it.  I'll see if they'll throw the Bluetooth in!

What do you suggest, concrete slab, gravel, spa pad or other?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2017, 09:05:24 pm »
Thank you for your responses, I think I'll get it.  I'll see if they'll throw the Bluetooth in!

What do you suggest, concrete slab, gravel, spa pad or other?

Concrete slab is always best. I've used spa pads as well from leisure concepts and they work well also. Good luck on the blue tooth but I wouldn't take it personally if he says no. I actually sold a Tahitian and a Geneva on Saturday. Without the stereo I sold the Tahitian for 11,200 with step and lift so you are getting a great deal

MiCharles92

person tubs
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 05:29:46 am »
I bought an Aria last year and I'm very happy with it. I checked out most brands felt the Aria was the best overall tub for us. I liked the seating layout, especially the corner seat and the foot jets. Loungers are always a different feel for everyone so wet testing is a must. I did fit well with this one. I didn't like brands that had a lounger with a "lip" on the side that pinned you in place. If you're a bigger person, this is a concern.

Even though the jets are strong with the 2 pumps, I do wish they were a little more powerful I like VERY strong, almost painful. Of course, this can be obtained with the diverter valve and shutting some jets but I would love an overall 25 increase.

My second place tubs were the Bullfrog R7L, R6L and Hot Spring Flair. Good luck I don't have any buyers remorse with the Aria.

Hot Tub Forum

person tubs
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 05:29:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42