What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hydraulic Hot Tub Cover Lifter  (Read 4096 times)

Don Dante

Hydraulic Hot Tub Cover Lifter
« on: January 13, 2017, 02:30:03 pm »
I have a hot tub that does not allow much clearance (about 10") in the rear where the hot tub cover would go.

So I have been forced to look at Hydraulic covers where the cover it position behind and above and does not require very much clearance in the rear.

I already broke a Cover Valet.

I have been looking at the Covermate iii (the reviews I have found claim this very hard to install), but not much else.

Any other options out there? What do people recommend?

Hot Tub Forum

Hydraulic Hot Tub Cover Lifter
« on: January 13, 2017, 02:30:03 pm »

castletonia

Re: Hydraulic Hot Tub Cover Lifter
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 06:38:58 pm »
Not a lot out there that is decent besides Leisure Concepts and Cover Valet.  I sell Leisure Concepts products but don't do a lot with the Covermate 3.  It is on the more difficult/time consuming to install side, but it is a good lift.  If you do get it, make sure not to get the Covermate 3 Eco version.

You could also maybe look into the Ultralift -w- hydraulic from Byron Originals.  I brought one in a few years ago without the hydraulic and thought it was a quality lift, but there was more assembly than on the Covermate 1 from Leisure Concepts so we chose to stick with the Covermate 1.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 09:40:19 am »
How/why did the Cover Valet break?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

scoobywagon02

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 11:52:14 am »
I would go with a Covermate 3 for that specific application because it is reliable. I have had nothing but issues when we carried Cover Valet. They have problems with the pistons being over sized and too powerful. It would cause stress points on the crease of your cover until it basically tears apart. I sold them for years. The issue would be worse when you first get them because the cover is light so it would almost pull the cover off the spa because of the strength of the pistons. This is not my opinion I watched it happen until we dropped the line.

Don Dante

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 05:24:55 pm »
@Dr. Spa™ Ret. the cover valet broke when the straps ripped off my Jacuzzi J-375 cover and in turn broke one side of the cover valet.

But even before that the one side without the locking hydraulic spring kept 'slipping' (above the spring). So it really was a pain to take the cover on and off.

If I get the Covermate iii... what does everyone think a fair price to get it installed would be?

Also, I just discovered this project: http://hottubproducts.com/products/hot-tub-covers/

The Vacuseal hot tub cover and lifter. Looks promising. Anyone have experience with this product?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 03:53:42 pm »
That's very cool. But ah, how much?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 03:53:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42