What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog Waterfall  (Read 3741 times)

GrayBeardCA

Bullfrog Waterfall
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:25:32 pm »
So I very rarely use the waterfall, really only when my daughter is in the hot tub. Well, a few minutes ago I was in there with her and she asked for me to turn on the waterfall. I turned it on and noticed some water sneaking out around the waterfall control nob. I thought, maybe I just need to tighten this a little, I turned it and WOOOSH, nob is off and I've got high pressure water shooting straight up out of where the nob used to be. I've got one hand over it and I'm trying to shove the nob back in and water was shooting off the patio cover, the side of the house, I'm pretty sure I lost a solid inch of water in seconds. Fortunately my wife was just inside and ran out and put it in hold mode. I was able to finally get it back on but wow. What an experience. Pro tip... put the hot tub in hold mode before messing with the waterfall nob.  :D

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog Waterfall
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:25:32 pm »

39lasalle

Re: Bullfrog Waterfall
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 07:38:22 pm »
Yup...did this right after we got ours, not really sure why they don't make this so it does not unscrew all the way , but whatever....there is a you tube video abut it........at the end of the day I think these waterfall, waterspouts are just for the sales gimmick anyway......we haven't turned ours on in at least 2 months and took delivery the beginning of October.

dporter22

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 10:11:19 pm »
I'm confused.  Did the knob break off somehow, or are you saying that you turned it so many times that it unscrewed completely off?

I use the waterfall almost every time we're in the tub and have never had a problem.  Mine only takes about 3/4 of a turn or so to turn it on.

GrayBeardCA

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 12:22:47 am »
The knob came off completely, not broken... just came apart when I was trying to tighten it. I'm not completely clear on what exactly I did that caused it to shoot off. I ended up with the parts in my hand and water everywhere. As mentioned above, there's a youtube video on how to put it back together if it ever happens to you. It's really disorienting getting hit in the face with a geyser of water but the video below is really well done. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAFDDZunr_g&t=102s

Update: After watching the video I actually went back outside and took it apart again. I followed the instructions from the video and the knob is now much tighter and water is no longer leaking around it when the waterfall is turned on.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:41:42 am by GrayBeardCA »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 12:22:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42