What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Purchase  (Read 3682 times)

Spa2801

New Purchase
« on: April 07, 2019, 08:50:25 am »
Hoping for some help.  We looked at a number of spas and decided to go with a Caldera Tahitian.  We were quoted a price of 11,099 for a 2018 floor model.  It comes with everything.  In searching around, I've noticed a lot of people posted prices ranging from 7500-9000 for older versions of this tub, plus it is a floor model.  I understand that the dealer needs to make some money, but don't want to feel taken advantage of.  Is this a fair price?  Thanks for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

New Purchase
« on: April 07, 2019, 08:50:25 am »

castletonia

Re: New Purchase
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 02:56:35 pm »
I would say $7500 - $9000 will be impossible.  As a Caldera dealer, I would say you are doing pretty good on price.  You can always negotiate.  How are you paying for the hot tub?  Cash or check get you the best possible price.  Credit card or financing have fees the dealer absorbs.

Spa2801

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 04:44:51 pm »
Thanks, Castletonia. I appreciate the insight.  The dealer seems well-regarded, and the salesperson trustworthy.  I was just alarmed when I searched and saw such a disparity in price and that it is a floor model from 2018.  Granted, the pricing I saw online was dated, but it was enough that I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being taken advantage of.  We plan to finance with the 0% for 60 sale that is going on this week.

I was also quoted $9500 for a Hotsprings Limelight Flair that seems to be similar and made by the same company that owns Caldera.

Thanks.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 05:13:15 pm »
Thanks, Castletonia. I appreciate the insight.  The dealer seems well-regarded, and the salesperson trustworthy.  I was just alarmed when I searched and saw such a disparity in price and that it is a floor model from 2018.  Granted, the pricing I saw online was dated, but it was enough that I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being taken advantage of.  We plan to finance with the 0% for 60 sale that is going on this week.

I was also quoted $9500 for a Hotsprings Limelight Flair that seems to be similar and made by the same company that owns Caldera.

Thanks.

Im a Caldera dealer as well. I have a 2018 Florence left. Same price structure as Tahitian (no lounge versus lounge) and I’m at 11,600 on it. It’s my last 2018 utopia Caldera in stock. That price is without step or cover lifter which depending on which of each you are looking at $700-800 alone for that. A lot of the pricing you see on here was for the older Utopia tubs and the pricing is 4-5 years old

Spa2801

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 06:32:47 pm »
Thanks, Hottubguy.  Good to know it is within a normal price range.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 10:37:29 am »
Thanks, Hottubguy.  Good to know it is within a normal price range.

It never hurts to further negotiate. at worst they say "sorry, that's our best price" and you at least will know you left no money on the table. As a last, last resort you can always ask for store credit instead of a lower price. Many dealers prefer this and its no skin off you nose if there are after sale items you'll need anyway, i.e. chems.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Spa2801

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 07:40:57 pm »
Thanks, Spatech_tuo.  We landed on 10099 with prolift iii cover, chemicals, panel and delivery.  I was very happy with that.  Especially with the 0% for 60 promo.  Looking forward to getting the tub soon.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 07:45:09 pm »
Great price for that setup!  Good job negotiating!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 07:45:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42