What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Grandee Hotsprings Spa Not Heating  (Read 5546 times)

twalsh61

Grandee Hotsprings Spa Not Heating
« on: January 10, 2017, 04:11:39 pm »
Hi,

I have a 2010/2011 HotSprings Grandee Spa that is not heating. The power and ready light are flashing but no heat. I think the tub was not quite filled and this is when the issue started. When I checked the system via the menu it states "functioning". I have cleaned the filters, drained and refilled the spa (twice). I refilled via the gray sandpipe and after filling the lights are still flashing (ready and power). I have taken the filters out, started the system and still the blinking "ready and power lights" and no heat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Hot Tub Forum

Grandee Hotsprings Spa Not Heating
« on: January 10, 2017, 04:11:39 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Grandee Hotsprings Spa Not Heating
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 06:24:54 pm »
Is there water flow in the small heat jet?
Retired

twalsh61

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 06:32:58 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

How would I check that to ensure that there is water flow to the small heat jet? The heater that I have is model 240V4KW SSE-00-OH-OF.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 06:14:58 am »
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

How would I check that to ensure that there is water flow to the small heat jet? The heater that I have is model 240V4KW SSE-00-OH-OF.

Can you get access to the circulation pump? Is it running?
Retired

twalsh61

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 09:10:14 am »
No, the only way that I get water movement is turning on the jets or clean function. I can access the equipment as I have the spa open to look at the heater etc...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:48:59 am by twalsh61 »

scoobywagon02

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 10:42:39 am »
Did this issue immediately follow your fill? There is basically two things you can do to troubleshoot this. If this issue did immediately follow a fill you may have air locked the circulation pump. This is generally a less common with that specific circulation pump in my opinion. You can shut the spa down at the breaker. Take your garden hose and aim it directly into the gray cap standpipe in the filter area(the only one that is open). That standpipe is connected to the circulation pump. You leave the garden hose running for a few seconds to see if you are seeing bubbles coming from the heater discharge inside the foot well of the spa. Then power spa back up and see if the circulation pump will engage without the filters in. If this does not work put your hand on the circulation pump to see if it is hot to the touch. If the pump is hot to the touch it is generally and indication that it is toast. Hope that helps.

twalsh61

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 10:46:44 am »
Thanks for the information. The pump is most likely toast as I did the first suggestion and did not help.

scoobywagon02

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 04:49:01 pm »
Yea just replace it and be done with it. You can buy them online. It is a very easy job if you are handy. Good luck.

twalsh61

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 05:59:24 pm »
Thank you so much. I hope that you have a great weekend.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 05:59:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42