What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help!! initial priming Bullfrog x7 no water flow  (Read 10325 times)

Skysurfer2010

Re: Need help!! initial priming Bullfrog x7 no water flow
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 11:44:29 am »
Good to know, thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 11:44:29 am »

tmaestas95

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 12:02:27 pm »
For what it's worth, my Bullfrog R8 air locks in pump 2 every time I drain and fill, regardless of whether I fill through the filter intakes or not.  Am I correct in thinking the two intakes under the two filters are each feeding one pump/the jets that pump drives each?  Because regardless of which intake I put the hose in, water only comes out through the jets driven by pump #1 (the one I never have a problem with). 

In any case, on 2 fills the air eventually worked its way out by stopping/starting pump #2 over and over again (to the point I was becoming concerned about running the pump dry).  On my third fill (yesterday) I had to bleed the air out on pump 2 as the OP did as stopping/starting just wasn't getting it done.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 06:03:52 pm »
For what it's worth, my Bullfrog R8 air locks in pump 2 every time I drain and fill, regardless of whether I fill through the filter intakes or not.  Am I correct in thinking the two intakes under the two filters are each feeding one pump/the jets that pump drives each?  Because regardless of which intake I put the hose in, water only comes out through the jets driven by pump #1 (the one I never have a problem with). 

In any case, on 2 fills the air eventually worked its way out by stopping/starting pump #2 over and over again (to the point I was becoming concerned about running the pump dry).  On my third fill (yesterday) I had to bleed the air out on pump 2 as the OP did as stopping/starting just wasn't getting it done.

This is clearly a design issue. But also not uncommon for other manufacturers and even sub sets within manufacturers.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 04:18:45 pm »
both filter stand pipes go to pump one.  Neither goes to pump two.  Try filling through a jetpak stand pipe on the pump 2 side as well as through the filter next time.

tmaestas95

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 05:25:48 pm »
both filter stand pipes go to pump one.  Neither goes to pump two.  Try filling through a jetpak stand pipe on the pump 2 side as well as through the filter next time.

I'll give that a try next time.  Seems like that would be good information to have in the manual (which only states to remove the filters and fill in the filter compartment).

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 06:02:06 pm »
  That would be to easy.     You can also open the front and check the air bleeder lines coming off the end of the pump.   I have seen a few on the showroom where the bleeder hose is not higher or hanging above the pump itself, so the air can't bleed out and do what it is designed to do.     

tmaestas95

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 06:31:52 pm »
  That would be to easy.     You can also open the front and check the air bleeder lines coming off the end of the pump.   I have seen a few on the showroom where the bleeder hose is not higher or hanging above the pump itself, so the air can't bleed out and do what it is designed to do.     

Interesting - my hose on pump 2 definitely droops down lower than the pump before it runs up into the connection in the shell under the cool-down seat.  Next time I have the front open I'll see if I can hang it up somewhere.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 06:31:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42