What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: has anybody else noticed a blue "scum line" at the waterline after using ahhsome  (Read 3325 times)

richierich

I followed the directions, even diluted in a pitcher of water before application. I had some brownish scum that had to be wiped away but not too much. I drained and cleaned and rinsed the tub then refilled. The color of my Optima is celestite (white) so the water typically looks blue but this time it almost looked caribbean blue. It looked good and I didn't think to much about it. Then I started to notice the blue scum line. It seemed that it could have been a reflection of the water but after closer inspection I could tell it was a substance stuck to the tub. At the next refill I cleaned it off with a magic eraser. Everything looked clean and good as new. After a few weeks the blue is back. Also the fabric filter that slips over the suction cover is now dyed blue. Anyone else have a similar experience? 

Hot Tub Forum

someguy

Hi:  This is Jerry from Unique Solutions, the manufacturer of Ahh-Some.  Personally, I have never seen any blue or turquoise particulates released after an Ahh-Some "purge".  However, nothing surprises me anymore when biofilm and plumbing bio-gunk is involved.  Is the blue buildup sticky?  Does it wipe off with relative ease?  With your white tub the water and shell can take on hues that may look bluish but might not be blue.  Lastly, why are you still getting releases after the purge process?  Are you adding small amounts of the gel weekly?  If not, I think your filter(s) may be responsible for this particulate release.  You have to rinse the filters thoroughly after doing the Ahh-Some purge.  FYI, we just received a letter from the EPA that our Ahh-Some product is now a registered cleaner.  This means that our product does what we say and that we are environmentally responsible.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 07:31:49 pm by someguy »

richierich

The blue residue comes off with a magic eraser with light rubbing. Just using a scrub brush does not remove it. The filters were removed before using ahh-some. They did not soak in the tub with the ahh-some. I have two filters that are in rotation so I always have a clean one ready. Not a filter problem. The color of the residue is exactly the color of Ahh-some. I used it once and two water changes later I am still seeing the blue residue. Why?

someguy

Next time you purge the system place the filters in the hot tub proper so they will be decontaminated.  Our instructions are specific on this.  Typical filter cleaners don't totally deep clean into the pleats.  If there is something harboring in the filters the Ahh-Some will remove it.
The blue you see is not the Ahh-Some.  There is no residual after draining the tub a few times as you did.  Check the top and bottom of the filter caps to see if there is any peeling or degradation.
Hope this helps.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
I followed the directions, even diluted in a pitcher of water before application. I had some brownish scum that had to be wiped away but not too much. I drained and cleaned and rinsed the tub then refilled. The color of my Optima is celestite (white) so the water typically looks blue but this time it almost looked caribbean blue. It looked good and I didn't think to much about it. Then I started to notice the blue scum line. It seemed that it could have been a reflection of the water but after closer inspection I could tell it was a substance stuck to the tub. At the next refill I cleaned it off with a magic eraser. Everything looked clean and good as new. After a few weeks the blue is back. Also the fabric filter that slips over the suction cover is now dyed blue. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Try a different product next time.
Retired

flava flav

My tub is the same color and have used the produce multiple times with no problem.   Seems odd.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42