What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How often do you really use your hot tub?  (Read 8410 times)

bud16415

Re: How often do you really use your hot tub?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 11:43:10 am »
We have had a Caldera Geneva for two years now. The first month or two it was non stop. We have now fallen into the rhythm of owning one and it is about 4 or 5 times per week, and we actually wish we could use it every day but sometimes don’t have the time. The advice of having it a close location is very true. Ours is 5 steps inside the house from the bathroom and one step outside the house a must in the cold snowy winters up here. I put a covered pergola over it as much as I hated the idea but with the snow and rain here it was needed. I also have curtains around it I can draw for the winter winds or summer privacy when needed. The best thing I did was install an outside spigot that can be switched in the house for hot / cold or mixed temp water. Hot water clears snow and ice fast and is nice for topping off the water. In the evening like last night I go out and clear the snow and open up the tub check the water and turn on the lights in the tub. Maybe 5 minutes max. go in and shower and straight in the tub. Last night it was a blizzard out and in the teens and the tub was wonderful we were in about 45 minutes. After getting out dried off and some cloths on I added chems and closed it up.

Two reasons to have a tub social and therapeutic we use ours for both and it was designed to be both. if you buy more of a social tub I don’t think you will use it as much. We don’t have a pool as mentioned above and use ours all summer in a mode that shuts the heat off all day and then warms it for later in the evening. during the summer water in the mid 90’s is great during the day.

To be totally honest we have friends that pulled their tub for lack of use and they felt they were wasting money heating it. My opinion is it is worth every penny tenfold.       

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 11:43:10 am »

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 08:35:23 pm »
We have a emerald 699 classic and really enjoy it. Always have and hopefully always will. Have used ours almost daily for over 10 years now. Very good investment for me. I agree with the statements in it needs to be very close to be able to access it quickly from inside. Privacy is also a factor I would think, as I am isolated with no neighbors that I can see or that can see me. If you plan on using it socially I think you will find you will use it much less than you think you will.     

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 07:31:39 am »
We are pretty much sold on the Hot Springs Vanguard model, but the price is so steep! I've heard from quite a few people with hot tubs that they are never really in them. I would hope to use mine at least 2 times a week! How often do you actually use yours and how long have you had it? I guess when the novelty wears off people slack on getting in.

The novelty does wear off a lot, but after 13 years of ownership, we still use ours approximately 300 days a year.  Among the 65 or 66 days we don't use it, its usually rain is the reason or we are not home.  Some of the days we are not home, we are on a cruise using their hot tubs. Last night it was 12F and the neigbhorhood was quiet with a snow cover. Perfect night for 20 minutes at 104+
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 07:31:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42