What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic spa cub whats this for.....  (Read 3071 times)

fletcher7751

Arctic spa cub whats this for.....
« on: December 11, 2016, 11:07:44 am »
Hi everybody
My first post hot tub - and post, asking for help with this cub
It has  a Gecko control and the blue coloured cover on the main board
I got this second-hand, fitted it, had the electrician do the supply, but had to fit a new Gecko topside display control (ouch!!!)
Then it kept tripping out the supply, so found it to be the ozonator, new one fitted, no tripping
BUT, it has three pumps, it seems two are running, but not the third
The display shows the third pump icon, so the feed is gong to it
Checked the fuse, think that's OK.....couldn't find a separate one for the third pump just one for pump
So, questions
Is the third pump a separate pump or the same pump as speed one and two with a separate windings?
How can l tell which pump is working - might sound daft.......
Also, can you point me to a user manual for this spa, I have downloaded the Arctic Spa on the web, it is the same as l was given when l bought it, but there is a screw cap to the right of the filter housing, and nowhere can l find hat it is for, can anybody help me with that
Thanks for reading and even more if you can help!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic spa cub whats this for.....
« on: December 11, 2016, 11:07:44 am »

Water Boy

Re: Arctic spa cub whats this for.....
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 01:38:24 pm »
Here is a link to the brochure:
https://www.arcticspas.com/downloads/Arctic-Hot-Tub-Manual-International.pdf

Are you sure you have three pumps? The topside will show keys for 1, 2, and 3, even if it only has one our two pumps. But, if you looked in there and saw three pumps, then yes, there should be a separate pump fuse for that. If it does have three pumps, there would be three separate motors.

Hit the keys individually one, then two, etc to check the motors. Pump one will be a two speed pump, so you will have to press the one key twice to get it to high speed.

I am guessing that threaded cap was the old style aromatherapy. It was pretty gimmicky. It used to have a small little foam wick pad where you could dip or soak the wicks in some scented aromatherapy, and you would smell that scent in the jets. Most customers don't ever use them. If you want some aromatherapy, just add some to the water.

Hope that makes sense or helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

fletcher7751

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 12:05:37 pm »
Hi Water Boy
Thanks very much for your reply

I wondered if this was to add something to the water, but it seemed surplus as you can put it directly in as you say

On the control
the replacement one was a Gecko TSC8, on the advice of a very helpful Gecko technical department.
It has two pump buttons, but the on/off works the first pump, the Pump 1 does the second and Pump 2 does the third, could confuse a silly person!
We do remember Pump 2 doing something, but having said that the Pump 1 second pump is pretty powerful in itself
Do the second and third pumps come from different jets, or do they all supply the same jest but with more power?
Do you have any illustrations of inside the cabinet identifying the three pumps, and or one of the main board showing which fuse supplies Pump 3 please?
Thanks again for your help

Water Boy

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 01:49:10 pm »
That is a after market control pad from Gecko, so I am not familiar with that key pad. It should function and work the same as a Arctic key pad I would guess. I am wondering if it is wired in properly maybe, but there really is only one way to install it.

The pumps all do power separate jets. So, pump one would power about 10-12  jets. And pump two would be the same. Normally on the Arctic Spa topsides, the pump 3 would be there the on/off button would be.

I don't have a online version of the pack label schematic anywhere. I was looking online for one and can't find one anywhere. Usually that is located on the back side of the pack cover. Does yours still have that on the backside? Check there first, and if not, maybe check with Gecko or Arctic Spas directly. If I track one down, I will post it here.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 05:13:12 pm by Water Boy »

Water Boy

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 05:14:05 pm »
Here ya go OP. I got this from Arctic Spas. Locate where is says pump 3/heater 2. That is the one you want to track down for pump #3.

JacuzziJack

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 09:45:55 am »
Did you remove the other panels? Pumps are often spread around. When you see the larger pumps, look at the pump label and see if it has 2x speeds, like 1750/3450 written.

fletcher7751

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 04:51:10 am »
Thanks very much Waterboy, that's very helpful
I'll have the other panels off too JacuzziJack, it isn't that easy on two dies as it's against a wall....
The new panel was a direct replacement and Gecko said it will operate everything that the original one did.
I'll dig a bit more and get back
Thanks again

Water Boy

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 10:11:19 am »
If you can track down the serial number, I can look it up for you to be sure exactly how many pumps it has. The serial number is located on a small metal plate on one of the four sides of the cabinet. Towards the bottom of the cabinet. Sometimes there is a label on the back side of the spa shell with the serial number as well. I only need the last six numbers.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 10:11:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42