What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How much Clorox to shock?  (Read 2771 times)

BigBlue

How much Clorox to shock?
« on: December 11, 2016, 09:03:26 am »
I'm curious, can anyone tell me how much liquid Clorox should be added to shock a 350 gallon hot tub?  One site I read said to add a whole cup. Is that too much?

Hot Tub Forum

How much Clorox to shock?
« on: December 11, 2016, 09:03:26 am »

mpkelley20

Re: How much Clorox to shock?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 07:19:41 am »
My tub is also 350 gallons and the amount you will need to use will be determined by what your current chlorine levels are and what you are trying to bring the levels to.  It is also determined by the bleach strength you bought.  I am using an 8% bleach (chlorox).  If my tub was at zero chlorine, I would need to put in a little over 2oz to get levels to 4ppm.  I believe a cup is 8 ounces so that would be if I was going to shock it so the site you saw is probably accurate. 

I just switched from Dichlor to bleach now that my stabilizers are at a good level and 2oz a day seems to be working well.  I haven't shocked it yet but will probably do a full cup as suggested.

Try this site to help you with your measurements.

http://poolcalculator.com/?utm_source=www.poolcalculator.com&utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=redirect/

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 06:01:51 pm »
You need enough to raise your cl level to 10ppm.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 06:01:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42