What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hobbies  (Read 8946 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Hobbies
« on: November 01, 2005, 06:32:11 pm »
So, besides hot tubbing, what does everybody like to do in their spare time?

I enjoy:

Guns- Shooting, cleaning, fondling them

Softball- Our church team is undefeated and we have won our last 3 games by a combined score of 71-14.  I play left field and bat 5th

Fighting- My brother teaches hand-to-hand combat at a private school.  A group of us meet Mondays and Thursdays and beat the tar out of each other

Cigars- Love em

Whiskey- I'm a Maker's Mark ambassador

Beer- Love that Shiner Bock and Guiness

I guess the last 3 aren't really hobbies, more like vices! ;D

How about the rest of ya'll?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Hobbies
« on: November 01, 2005, 06:32:11 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hobbies
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 06:37:34 pm »
Poker, sports, poker, activities with my family and poker.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 06:39:42 pm »
Poker, sports, poker, activities with my family and poker.

I would like to learn to play poker, but, and I'm embarassed to say this, I can't shuffle a deck of cards.  I can barely shuffle dominos.  Pitiful, huh.... :(

Terminator

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 06:53:45 pm »
I would like to learn to play poker, but, and I'm embarassed to say this, I can't shuffle a deck of cards.  I can barely shuffle dominos.  Pitiful, huh.... :(

Terminator

You don't need to shuffle to play. You only need a few things; an ability to think on your feet, an ability to study your surroundings, some intestinal fortitude, some decent math skills and an understanding of how to use them in the game, a good poker face (I can tell from your posts that you're sometimes full of crap so you pass here) and most importantly, to get good you have to play to win as opposed to playing not to lose like many do. Grab your wallet and stop on over and I can get you up to speed. BTW, beer and cigars are popular with a lot of players so you can combine hobbies.

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 06:58:20 pm »
I promised to keep  topics clean from this point on, so therefore I cannot participate.

Sorry.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 06:59:38 pm »
It does sound like my cup of tea!  If I don't shuffle, who will?  I'm a manly man kind of guy who doesn't want to have someone shuffle my cards for me.  It would seem downright inhospitable if I asked someone to do it for me.

Have you been in games where someone had my particular, um, inability to perform?

Terminator

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 07:01:15 pm »
I promised to keep  topics clean from this point on, so therefore I cannot participate.

Sorry.

Oh come on, now.  Nobody ever is in here but you, me, Spatech, spaman, salesdvl, and brewman.  It's General BS for cryin' out loud! :)

Terminator

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 07:04:00 pm »

Have you been in games where someone had my particular, um, inability to perform?

Terminator

Assuming you're still talking about poker, yes. They do a simple hand to hand card shuffle. It works fine. Besides, 20 minutes and a couple beers is all it takes to learn to shuffle assuming you have most of your fingers left (I know you like guns and knives and if you think you can't shuffle I'd worry about your ability to hold things in general).

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 07:05:48 pm »
Still got all 12 fingers and toes I was born with.

I have tried and tried since I was 7 years old to do it.  I guess I have a mental block.

Terminator

Brookenstein

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 07:15:02 pm »
Oh come on, now.  Nobody ever is in here but you, me, Spatech, spaman, salesdvl, and brewman.  It's General BS for cryin' out loud! :)

Terminator

In no paticular order

Watching  UFC, Football,bBaseball
Sex
Poker
Golf (playing not watching)
Skiing (water and snow)
Water Parks
Beach
Cooking
Yard Work (mowing, trimming, not weeding)
Yoga, Strip Aerobics
Playing with the kids

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 07:15:44 pm »
Hunting,fishing,shooting,camping,hiking,skiing (snow only),time with my 3 spoiled children, softball  and my favorite of all time herassing Spatech!Oh and I left out looking at pictures that Terminator sent me.

My favorite passed time is still pi$$ing off our old buddy AJ! ;)
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 07:26:12 pm »
Watching  UFC, Football,bBaseball
Sex
Poker

Wow, I love all those (UFC on Spike, gotta love it) though I have to add basketball. Are you sure you're not a guy!?

Brookenstein

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 07:47:28 pm »
Don't forget the other semifinal matches are on tonight and the final is on Saturday.  Good thing Gilmore Girls is a repeat tonight... see I'm a girl, LMAO  :D

I grew up as a tom boy... but I am also very feminine... you saw my wedding pic.  I've always gotten along with guys better than girls.  Girls are too foo fooy and get too competetive.  I don't do my hair and have no fashion sense, but I can tell you the score of the game last night or who my favorite poker players are from the WSOP (speaking of which has Nagraneu made it to a final table at all this year?  I'm DVRing, so I could be a bit behind).  My favorite classes in high school were drafting and metal shop.  I was an engineering major in college, but I sucked at it and got a degree in business, cause well anybody can.   :)  Oh I suck at sports and I can't dance, but I have fun making a fool of myself and embarrassing those around me by trying.

Oh and I would like basketball but I grew up in Portland with the Trail Gangsters.  Yeah, uh that pretty much sums it up.

Oooh, fantasy football is good too.  I'm 7-0-1.  This week was tough with 5 guys on bye, 2 outs, and 3 probables... thanks goodness for Troy Polamalu and those 8 points last night to tie it up for me.  I'm still the only one who hasn't lost.   :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 07:51:37 pm by Brookenstein »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 01:16:03 am »
Term, you going to the Aqua show? I might be able to help you out on #4

and ah brook, if you need any help with #2 or #10-1/2 just let me know.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 03:39:37 am »
Well for me, would have to be motorcycle riding.  The faster the better.  I've topped out at 135mph.  Living in Europe was great, especially Germany with no speed limits.  

My current hobby for the next 5 1/2 years, is getting my kids all the way through high school. My oldest received a full ride at college, and now that I know how to play the game and what is expected, I am pretty sure my middle child will be able to get a full ride.  My youngest will be a struggle. There is alway one.  LOL

One school that give away a ton of money (even to out of state students) is URI. University of Rhode Island.  FYI - It is out in the middle of nowhere.

So by the end of May 2011, we (my wife and I) will be free!!!!!!!!!

r100rs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 03:39:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42