What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis "SHOW" is top of my list but have questions  (Read 7097 times)

Ductordoc

Marquis "SHOW" is top of my list but have questions
« on: November 14, 2016, 04:29:38 pm »
We have almost fully convinced ourselves to get the Marquis Spa and would appreciate any feedback or opinions.
Why we are leaning this way:
Powerful.
Jets look good in the 2 adirondack lounges.
Special seat that will do arms and hips.
Cool down seat that can be used to step into the tub.

QUESTIONS:
Are all of the air/Venturi mix valves adjustable or are they the on/off type
This tub is 2" less tall than our current Jacuzzi J-375; I am 6'4" ... are the seats deep enough for a tall person.
I have not sat in a Marquis yet. The dealer is a 2 hour drive from here. He has an Epic for wet testing. I should probably invest the time to sit in it although it would not be the model we will be buying. Opinions?
Is there another spa anyone would put up against this that has a great seat or lounge, provides good foot and leg massage, has cool down seat/entry step?

We have wet tested the HS Vanguard.
I like the MAAX 781 a lot but have read a lot of people say that it is not a quality spa that will last a long time. We do have local HS and MAX dealer. The MAAX dealer brought us to wet test a 781 at a customer but the sequencer was broken on he lounge and although only 4 years old 3 jets fell/came off very easily while we were in the tub for 30 minutes. Dealer says iit was because the plastic had become brittle from customer using too much chlorine. Not sure I buy that.

Any assist is greatly appreciated. I need to make final decision and order no later than November 26th.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis "SHOW" is top of my list but have questions
« on: November 14, 2016, 04:29:38 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis "SHOW" is top of my list but have questions
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 05:45:24 pm »
Air valves are adjustable. Yes the seats are deep enough for tall people (in most cases but you should sit in it for yourself to confirm). The seats in the epic are much different then the show. Will he fill the show for you?  Where in the country are you?  2 hours is a long drive. The show is one of the most powerful tubs I've ever sat in. That was almost the tub I ended up with but ended getting a marquis resort. Hot springs also makes a good tub but I don't think they are as powerful. For some people that's fine others like the power.

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 07:44:53 pm »
Like hottubguy said, The Show has stronger jets than any other hot tub I have soaked in.  The Epic is a great spa and will give you an idea of what the power will be like, but The Show has a little bit more.  I own the Epic, but wouldn't mind owning The Show.  There are two aidrondack lounges in The Show, one is deeper, and one is shallower.  The deeper lounge should fit you pretty well.  Good luck in your search, Marquis is a great tub.

Ductordoc

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 06:52:16 am »
Thanks HottubGuy and MarKee. Confirmation I was hoping to hear. We are in Western North Carolina. The dealer doesn't have a SHOW in stock. We will plan to go sit in the EPIC unless either of you have a suggestion or feel we would be OK buying without trying.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 10:06:07 am »
For what it is worth:  I do not sell Marquis and we don't have a Marquis dealer in town but I always admired them.  Their high-end units (ala EPIC and SHOW) always were comfortable to sit in, had some *tangible* benefits that were not salesmanship but actual benefits, and were similar in pricing to other high-end competitors.

The only thing I'd caution about is the dual lounger of the SHOW.  Loungers are so polarizing and I found that most customers on their second purchase elect to not go with a lounger.  I worry that if the lounger falls out of favor you now have only one really good seat left. 

But that is just me pointing out a potential issue with *any* spa and I'm not picking on Marquis specifically.  And- to totally be fair- I am 6'2" and was very comfortable in most of the Marquis Signature spas I sat in.  Thats saying something as most tubs are built for people 5'5" to 5'10". 

Either way:  Marquis is great with using the height variations in their seating to maximize the usage of vertical spacing.  You'll notice that in the corner seat of the EPIC that is on the end of the lounger:  It doesn't interfere with the feet of the person in said lounger.

All that said: Listen to the Marquis dealers here as the clearly know more than me about their products.  Whichever unit you choose I feel you'll be just fine.

Good luck moving forward.

Ductordoc

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 10:24:20 am »
Thanks Wizard ...

Ductordoc

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 07:06:49 pm »
Well we wet tested today. The EPIC. Pretty nice tub and it is comfortable. After hearing that the SHOW column is not a set of geyser jets we have decided to go with the EPIC. Any feedback + or - is solicited. Thanks.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 07:28:22 pm »
Well we wet tested today. The EPIC. Pretty nice tub and it is comfortable. After hearing that the SHOW column is not a set of geyser jets we have decided to go with the EPIC. Any feedback + or - is solicited. Thanks.

That is correct. Epic is a great tub as well. A better seller in my store mainly due to he price difference. Sounds like you are saving some money and getting the tub that fills your needs best. I will be soaking in my marquis tonight, soon enough you will be too

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 08:14:46 pm »
Epic is the tub that I own (2007 model).  Super awesome tub.  Great choice, one thing I really like about the Epic over T Show is more footwell room.  Congrats, enjoy!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 08:14:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42