What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: pool leak  (Read 38527 times)

Ounce1967

pool leak
« on: October 30, 2016, 10:15:52 am »
We had a  ground pool installed last month had no issue at all last year.  I opened the pool 3 days ago an had to put in about a foot of water.
Over the last two days I noticed one area of the yard is getting wetter by the day. My guess is I have a leak, but how do you find it and how do you fix it?

Hot Tub Forum

pool leak
« on: October 30, 2016, 10:15:52 am »

JosephDe

Re: pool leak
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 11:48:10 pm »
First of all, check whether you can see any leak. Even a pencil tip sized hole can result in the loss of hundreds of gallons of water. As your yard is getting wetter, probably it could be an underground leak. You can call an experienced pool leak professional with sophisticated electronic equipment to locate the leak and get you a solution quickly.

Linodina

pool leak
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 04:44:31 am »
We have had some sort of leak from our complex pool for some years but have been told on numerous occasions that it would be to expensive to repair or even find we have got away with adding water every few days, this is ok in June, July and August but in May and September especially the back end of September it becomes very cold very fast with this in mind is there anybody in the area that can do pressure tests and leak location with out digging up half the pool
Thanks for any replies

satenlist

pool leak
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 04:16:32 pm »
Hi,

Over the last 24h I noticed the pool lost about 3 inches of water. That seems more than usual, so I was wondering if maybe there is a leak somewhere. Now, how exactly do I go about diagnosing that? Its an outdoor inground pool.

Thanks so much for your help

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 03:30:06 pm »
Hi,

Over the last 24h I noticed the pool lost about 3 inches of water. That seems more than usual, so I was wondering if maybe there is a leak somewhere. Now, how exactly do I go about diagnosing that? Its an outdoor inground pool.

Thanks so much for your help

This is an area I have no expertise, but if the pool has been empty and the water is calm, can you put in a moderate amount of food coloring and see if it migrates in a particular direction?  Of course circ pumps would have to be off.   
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 03:30:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42