What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used 2013 Cameo  (Read 5239 times)

twodogs02

Used 2013 Cameo
« on: October 16, 2016, 10:49:16 pm »
I purchased this tub for $1,500 about a month ago from a couple near DC.  They retired from the military, he took a civilian job at the pentagon and the house they bought in DC had this tub on their stone patio.  She didn't like a hot tub and wanted the patio space for an outdoor pizza oven.

Originally they advertised it on Ebay for $1,500 and I was surprised it didn't sell immediately.  I messaged the owner who called me back.  We spoke 2-3 times and I decided to drive down from Upstate NY with a 4 place ATV trailer.  Spent the night in DC on hotel points, in the morning drove to their place to inspect the tub.  Everything looked good except the UV light indicator was displaying.  A few neighbors came over,  we lifted the tub onto 2 furniture dollies, secured them to the tub with a heavy duty rachet strap, laid 3/4 inch plywood down on the fold down side ramps of the trailer and pushed it right on.

7.5 hours later I had it home.  Over the next three weeks, pulled the permits, ran the 60 amp circuit, changed the jumper in the panel, and once it passed the electrical inspection, I filled it.  I added ahh-some and took chlorine to 15 ppm and let in run for 4 hours, dumped, cleaned the shell and refilled which resulted in my well pump cavitating due to the dry summer and lack of snow for the last 2 years.   Fortunately I was closing the pool so I purchased another 50 feet of vinyl waste hose and filled the tub with my pool water.

It's been going for 4 days now and the misses is estatic.  The couple I bought it from were some of the nicest people I ever met.  It was a win-win for both of us,  I feel very fortunate as the tub looks and functions like a brand new one at 10% of the cost!

The seller even gave me all the 6 gauge THHN wiring, all chemicals, steps, testing kits, the cut off box and the 50 amp breaker I plan to sell on craigslist.  In all, I have less than $2k in a 3 year old tub.  We were very fortunate. I just wish tub manufactures would allow a warranty transfer for a nominal fee

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:47:15 pm by twodogs02 »

Hot Tub Forum

Used 2013 Cameo
« on: October 16, 2016, 10:49:16 pm »

Gibs

Re: Used 2013 Cameo
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 03:39:50 pm »
Wow seems like you got a great deal right there! Nice find.

bullet72

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:50:47 am »
Nice score!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:50:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42