What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tub Decision  (Read 7389 times)

scoobywagon02

Re: Tub Decision
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 11:40:31 am »
The Cantabria and Gleem are different spas. They are by no means the same tub. The Cantabria is a top tier Caldera and the Gleem is a mid tier stripped down Hot Spring. Same warranty and insulation but jets couldn't be more different. In my opinion for the money the Cantabria is best choice hands down. I have wet tested and sold both brands. Make sure it is a reputable dealer. Prices are really high you must be financing 0%. The ultra massure lounge seat in the Cantabria is incredible.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 11:40:31 am »

DKRanger22

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 08:26:20 pm »
The Cantabria and Gleem are different spas. They are by no means the same tub. The Cantabria is a top tier Caldera and the Gleem is a mid tier stripped down Hot Spring. Same warranty and insulation but jets couldn't be more different. In my opinion for the money the Cantabria is best choice hands down. I have wet tested and sold both brands. Make sure it is a reputable dealer. Prices are really high you must be financing 0%. The ultra massure lounge seat in the Cantabria is incredible.

I explored both tubs in depth, and while I agree with your ultimate conclusion (I also preferred the Cantabria to the Gleam), I disagree that the Caldera is "way better".  To me, they're so similar, it really comes down to the wet test.  The thing that I liked most about the Cantabria was that each seat was well-defined as opposed to the bench-style seating of the Gleam.  The jets are different, but both have pluses and minuses (I did enjoy the Moto-massage of the Gleam very much).

StevieT

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 04:05:52 pm »
Finding huge price differences with all different tubs and Mfg's

So here is the break down

2015 Jacuzzi J495 17k  Floor Model
2016 Jacuzzi J495 21k   Floor Model

2016 Hot Springs Gleam 18k new order
2016 Caldera Cantabria   20k

Just got off the phone with the local Bullfrog Dealer Base Model A8 17k new 3 week order

Gonna try and do a wet test before buying A8 but they only have an A6L is there truly much of a difference in the tubs? Besides the size and seating capacity.

39lasalle

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 06:46:24 pm »

Just got off the phone with the local Bullfrog Dealer Base Model A8 17k new 3 week order

Gonna try and do a wet test before buying A8 but they only have an A6L is there truly much of a difference in the tubs? Besides the size and seating capacity.
[/quote]

I dont think you would notice. We wet tested the R7lL and bought the A7L.    Pretty much the same but with an extra jetpack, different keypad and exterior light

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 08:03:38 pm »
Finding huge price differences with all different tubs and Mfg's

So here is the break down

2015 Jacuzzi J495 17k  Floor Model
2016 Jacuzzi J495 21k   Floor Model

2016 Hot Springs Gleam 18k new order
2016 Caldera Cantabria   20k

I'm not a bullfrog guy but I think the A6 only has a single pump versus dual pumps on the A8. I'm sure Jim or twincities will be able to answer that better then me

JacuzziJack

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 11:38:30 pm »
Have you considered buying a good used one, fairly new, cash for a fraction of the price  ....and not have to pay any tax?

scoobywagon02

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2016, 03:13:08 pm »

I explored both tubs in depth, and while I agree with your ultimate conclusion (I also preferred the Cantabria to the Gleam), I disagree that the Caldera is "way better".  To me, they're so similar, it really comes down to the wet test.  The thing that I liked most about the Cantabria was that each seat was well-defined as opposed to the bench-style seating of the Gleam.  The jets are different, but both have pluses and minuses (I did enjoy the Moto-massage of the Gleam very much).

I guess the better phrase to use would be the bang for the buck is in the Cantabria in my opinion. The ultra massage seat is really nice. Moto Massage is really nice but I think the Ultra Massage Sequencer makes up for that difference. Apples to Apples the guts, insulation, and warranty are the same. Although the 2016 Utopia series cabinets are crazy looking in my opinion. I would be concerned though because that new style of cabinet has not had much exposure in the field. I personally like the seat to right of the lounge as it is almost like having another lounge seat.

DKRanger22

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 10:53:34 am »

I guess the better phrase to use would be the bang for the buck is in the Cantabria in my opinion. The ultra massage seat is really nice. Moto Massage is really nice but I think the Ultra Massage Sequencer makes up for that difference. Apples to Apples the guts, insulation, and warranty are the same. Although the 2016 Utopia series cabinets are crazy looking in my opinion. I would be concerned though because that new style of cabinet has not had much exposure in the field. I personally like the seat to right of the lounge as it is almost like having another lounge seat.

The Gleam typically prices out less than the Cantabria, so hard to say that the Cantabria is the better bang for the buck.  As mentioned, the tubs are very similar construction wise.  I think it's best just to say that the wet test should be the deciding factor. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 10:53:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42