What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking to get a bullfrog A8L in Michigan  (Read 4248 times)

mrgillies

Looking to get a bullfrog A8L in Michigan
« on: October 31, 2016, 08:48:59 pm »
Hi all,

I've been searching a lot on hot tubs and think I've narrowed it down to BF A8L not sure if the price I've got is fair, can someone come in with their thoughts or concerns.

Factory supplied
3rd quiet pump option
No ozone
No audio
Delivery (onto deck)
Chemicals
Steps
Extra set of filters
$10499

$349 Cover with Hydraulic lifter

He didn't recommend the ozone as it needs replaced every 2 years
I asked about the cloud wifi option, he could do that for $199. I'm Hesitant due bad write ups I s here, plus, I don't know what the fee is after the initial year.

I liked the touch control, didn't get a price for that option.

Looking to purchase it before the big winter freeze here in Michigan. I believe the lead time is like 3-4 weeks

Thanks in advance

Steve

Is there

Hot Tub Forum

Looking to get a bullfrog A8L in Michigan
« on: October 31, 2016, 08:48:59 pm »

Smack528i

Re: Looking to get a bullfrog A8L in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 07:33:46 am »
Seems fair, I'd question the ozone advice. Even if you need to replace, it helps use less chemicals. Many dealers recommend 24/7 operation of the circ pump w/ the ozone but that should be 6-12 hours per day depending on your chemicals/water. Price seems good. Love my A7

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 11:12:28 am »
  It's a very good price. Part of me says take the ozone over the circ pump 50/50toss up.    Ozonator should last closer to 4 or 5 years.    Skip anything to do with music.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:14:42 am by Jacuzzi Jim »

mrgillies

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 01:57:07 pm »
Thanks guys, I'll make sure no music added, I do have outside speakers anyway.

I'll find out the cost of the ozone, I'm sure the ROI will probably be the same with chemicals cost

The actual cost going over my notes were:
$10499 Hot Tub A8L
$449 Recirc pump, chem kit, delivery and steps
$349 Lifter and cover

Would like the App to configure/monitor it remotely but unsure

Planning to order it today/tomorrow  :D

Thanks again
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 01:59:58 pm by mrgillies »

Sam

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 02:35:47 pm »
Another crazy low price.  That model sells for around $14k all day in a lot of markets.

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 07:52:08 pm »
Another crazy low price.  That model sells for around $14k all day in a lot of markets.

Only in markets where people want to stay in business ;)  Michigan... not one of those markets?  lol... I shouldn't kid...

In all seriousness mrgillies, that is not a fair price, not to the dealer by a long shot.  Which is great for you!  I'd take it, with the circ, ozone, and lifter.  It's a big spa, you'll want the lifter.

My luck with the cloud app has not been good.  I don't recommend it to anyone as of yet.  The stereo sounds awesome, but as many point out, it isn't the most reliable thing out there.

Beck0101

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 07:59:04 am »
I've been pouring over this site for a few months now myself.  I'm also in Michigan.  My BF A8L is being delivered tomorrow.

I'm not sure why but it seems our area has dramatically better pricing on Bullfrog than anywhere else.  I'm now the fourth person I know that has invested in a Bullfrog A7 or A8 in the past 18 months and none of us has paid anything near what is generally quoted on this site as "a fair price" for a Bullfrog.

Some of you guys may want to consider taking a drive to Michigan and saving a few thousand dollars!

I too went with the 24/7 circ pump, no ozonator.  If you're buying from the dealer I did it's the only way they generally order them.  The three folks I know that also have BF's have the same setup and none of them have stated they wished they had the ozonator.  Though only one of them was a prior tub user.

Buy that thing!  Mine will be delivered 4 weeks on the dot...

Smack528i

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 07:44:53 am »
Be careful with the 24/7 circ pump. Many BF dealers also sell HS or did at one point. The BF circ pump is larger and more powerful than the on that Hot Spring uses. The rep at BF in Utah told me not to run 24/7 or risk burning out that pump. Still would love a definitive answer from the engineers at BullFrog and definitely wish dealers had bette knowledge on this. Good luck, I love my A7

mrgillies

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 09:09:23 am »
Awesome feedback guys, sure appreciate it.

Discussed with the rep, he seems a genuine guy, normally the want to sell you the upgrade but he did say not to get the audio and ozone.

I'll find out about the circ pump and what he thinks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 09:09:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42