What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My new Jacuzzi J-LX  (Read 6049 times)

SpaInThe6ix

My new Jacuzzi J-LX
« on: September 29, 2016, 01:22:37 pm »
We've had our Jacuzzi J-LX for just over two weeks now. It's a far cry from the Freeflow hot tub we were first looking at, and it's really tight in the space (as in, there wasn't even room to install the cover lifter) but it's amazing! I'm so glad we went with a larger hot tub. The neighbours have a second-floor balcony, which is why we have the umbrella up. We still need to get a canopy of some sort for privacy.

Now, if anyone has any tips for a DIY cover lifter that attaches to the house, rather than the sides of the tub, I'm all ears!

Filling the tub on day one:

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:32:39 pm by SpaInThe6ix »

Hot Tub Forum

My new Jacuzzi J-LX
« on: September 29, 2016, 01:22:37 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: My new Jacuzzi J-LX
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 03:40:32 pm »
That's a real sharp looking hot tub. How much space is behind tub?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 04:17:48 pm »
  Looks great, gotta say though dealing with that cover like that will not be fun long term.    That being said with where it's at not many if any choices on a lift.  :'(

SpaInThe6ix

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 05:28:55 pm »
That's a real sharp looking hot tub. How much space is behind tub?

We have about 6-8 inches behind the tub, which would have been fine for the Covermate III. Unfortunately we didn't realize that we also needed four inches on either side of the tub. We currently have 12 inches in one side in order to access the gate and stairs to the basement, and the other side is pushed as close as we could to the house without touching.

Most of the time it's just two of us in the tub, so we've been using it with the cover folded back half-way, rather than taking it all the way off. But I'd really like the option to sit in those other seats!

I'll admit, this is a lot larger than what we were planning to get. It takes up a full third of our backyard. But I love how it looks, it's great for entertaining, and we got a deal that was far too good to pass up!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:33:15 pm by SpaInThe6ix »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 05:28:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42