What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Inherited a Tub, Need help identifying!  (Read 5670 times)

Doubled50

Inherited a Tub, Need help identifying!
« on: September 19, 2016, 03:38:30 pm »
So I inherited my first hot tub.  This is something we've wanted awhile and figure free is the best route to see if this will remain something we have and use regularly.  I'm a poor civil servant with a family of 6, so FREE was the key here.  Unknown who makes this little tub and wondered if you guys can help?

Hot Tub Forum

Inherited a Tub, Need help identifying!
« on: September 19, 2016, 03:38:30 pm »

Doubled50

Re: Inherited a Tub, Need help identifying!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 03:43:12 pm »
Also I'm learning as much and as fast as I can.  I realize this is a friction motor, the control panel that regulates the heat and jets is gone.  Someone hardwired it, so it's always on.  I'm hoping I can find replacement parts?  At the very least I'll need to install a toggle switch to turn the pump off, but it really defeated the purpose of having a hot tub if overtime I want to use it, I have to wait 12 hours to heat it up. 

I also need a cap to control the jets on one side, it's missing.

Also it has a crack inside the compartment where the pump is.  I see they repaired it with some putty, but it didn't last of the crack spread.  That's the next plan, to repair that with some epoxy.  If anyone knows the brand, maybe they can confirm the materials used.  It's not Acrylic and I doubt it's even fiberglass, seems more like plastic.

It heated up real good overnight, but it's leaking about an inch of water per 2 hours maybe?  Gonna let the kids try it today, then I'm sadly draining it to fix this crack.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 08:35:11 pm »
Thats an old rotomold tub. There are tons of companies that make them.
Retired

dertl

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 02:25:11 pm »
Did you get the leak fixed?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 11:12:12 am »
Welcome to the forum. I have seen similar tubs, does yours include any kind of lid?  I've seen one with lids made of the same material.

Also, we may need an explanation , and possibly pictures regarding your user name?  Double D 50?   BTW, I saw Morganna a few weeks ago.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 11:12:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42