What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Grandee sinking into decking depth  (Read 3637 times)

cerbfan

Grandee sinking into decking depth
« on: September 15, 2016, 11:46:41 am »
Hi,
I've just ordered a Hot Springs Grandee and intend to sink it into my decking. I'm looking for some opinions as to what is the idea depth to sink it to as I understand a totally flush hot tub is more difficult to get in and out of and possibly having it so the decking is at the same depth at the step on the inside is more preferable. This would also give room for the lift and slide cover to go into.

If anyone can give any advice on this I'd be grateful.

Hot Tub Forum

Grandee sinking into decking depth
« on: September 15, 2016, 11:46:41 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Grandee sinking into decking depth
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 12:24:51 am »
Hi,
I've just ordered a Hot Springs Grandee and intend to sink it into my decking. I'm looking for some opinions as to what is the idea depth to sink it to as I understand a totally flush hot tub is more difficult to get in and out of and possibly having it so the decking is at the same depth at the step on the inside is more preferable. This would also give room for the lift and slide cover to go into.

You explained it just right!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 06:45:47 am »
Hi,

You explained it just right!

Yes, I have had flush, 16" exposed and completely exposed and found that the 16" exposed was the most comfortable for exit and entry. The flush tub was the best looking install though, and after I added a entry rail it was fine.
Retired

JacuzziJack

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 11:55:28 am »
I'm just curious, does installing a hot tub within a deck vs having it stand-alone change the home assessment ...and therefore increase taxes?

Thanks

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 02:51:57 pm »
  In this day and age probably  ::)    But no, I don't think it would, unless really extravagant. 

twodogs02

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 01:47:08 pm »
We are looking at this right now.  If I sink the tub (I hate to do that the 880 cabinet is so nice) the misses thought the bath tub in the house was the perfect height. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 01:47:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42