What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Are HotSprings High Life Series Worth the Extra Money?  (Read 6945 times)

Sollylogger

Are HotSprings High Life Series Worth the Extra Money?
« on: August 29, 2016, 04:07:09 pm »
I have been looking around for a little while.  Liked the Bullfrog A6L, Hot Spring Aria, Jacuzzi 335.  The Hot Springs guy is trying to sell on quality.  He needs to sell on something in order to justify the couple of thousand price difference.  The dealer quality/stability in my area is heavily favored toward the Hot Spring dealer. 

Anyway, in general (or on specific models, if you like) is the Hot Spring High Life series worth the extra couple of thousand $?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hot Tub Forum

Are HotSprings High Life Series Worth the Extra Money?
« on: August 29, 2016, 04:07:09 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Are HotSprings High Life Series Worth the Extra Money?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 04:25:10 pm »
I would argue the Hot Spring Limelight series would be more comparable to price to the 300 Series from Jacuzzi. 
If you wanted to compare apples to apples to the Aria in quality/features I'd look at the 400 series Jacuzzi.  I think you'd find the Jacuzzi 400 Series is much more expensive.  The J465 would be a good comparison to the Aria.  The J335 would compare to the Hot Spring Flair.
Can't comment on the Bullfrog.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 04:29:58 pm by Chris_H »

Sollylogger

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 04:41:50 pm »
Thank you for the comments.  When we were at the Jacuzzi dealer, we were in both the 435 and 335.  We did not see a difference worth the premium.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 07:51:12 pm »
Thank you for the comments.  When we were at the Jacuzzi dealer, we were in both the 435 and 335.  We did not see a difference worth the premium.

Did you sit in both empty or wet test both?  Big difference in the two as far jet action

39lasalle

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 08:41:00 pm »
So far we have tested the Aria , the J-355, and the Flair we were not really impressed with the Aria for the money, wife did not like the jacuzzi, I was indifferent on that and the Flair, wife like the Flair.     We are unsure of the dealer in our area though, a little disheartening!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 09:12:23 pm »
    As far as the Bullfrog which you should be looking at the R7 and the A7 for apples to apples. 

I always compared the 300 series to the highlife series of HS.    In a side by side comparison I could beat it, about the only thing that is different is filtration when you break it down and for that matter the Jacuzzi has nicer circ pump and jets IMO.

As far as the Bullfrog you should be looking at the R7 and the A7 for apples to apples. 

Chris_H

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 05:10:50 pm »
As a Jacuzzi salesman you are going to frame a conversation to say your lower end spa is comparable to a competitors higher end spa.  I would do the same. 
A normal comparison between Jacuzzi and Hot Spring is this:
200 Series similar to Hot Spot
300 Series similar to Limelight
400 Series similar to Highlife
500 Series similar to NXT

My favorite framing is the Optima to the Pulse, which I know is a bunch of BS.  Speck wise they are pretty much identical though.

As far as the Bullfrog which you should be looking at the R7 and the A7 for apples to apples. 

I always compared the 300 series to the highlife series of HS.    In a side by side comparison I could beat it, about the only thing that is different is filtration when you break it down and for that matter the Jacuzzi has nicer circ pump and jets IMO.

As far as the Bullfrog you should be looking at the R7 and the A7 for apples to apples. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 06:55:15 pm »
As a Jacuzzi salesman you are going to frame a conversation to say your lower end spa is comparable to a competitors higher end spa.  I would do the same. 

My favorite framing is the Optima to the Pulse, which I know is a bunch of BS.  Speck wise they are pretty much identical though.

I am not a Jacuzzi salesman anymore.  But before the 400 series and before the limelight series, dang straight they were apples to apples at that point.  And really not that much has really changed between the two.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 08:30:33 pm »

I'd agree, I don't blame Jim for putting up a 300 series against a Highlife though because the fact is a comparable sized 300 series vs. a Highlife is going to be 2-3k less and can be sold against with great success if done properly...Build quality and overall fit & finish would go to a Highlife model which it should considering price difference, Jets are very subjective, I personally think an Aria kills a 300 series, but again subjective, as far as circ pumps nobody cares they will both maintain good clean water with proper care....Limelight is a nice collection but there is MUCH better overall value for the money especially in a Bullfrog R7L vs. a Flair for example.  I've sold a lot of the Pulse model as well....the Pulse v Optima is easily one of the most compared spas on the market in its respective price point assuming your local area has a competent Hot Spring and Sundance dealer

d00nut

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 12:26:56 pm »
Hey Sollylogger,

I did pm you, call me if you'd like.  I own a Highlife Envoy, and love it to death.  Great dealers however will try to steer you to the tub that fits your needs.

If you are looking at specs, can you make equate value to features to make up the difference?  Maybe... if I try really hard.

I have a lot of old folks that love the highlife/limelight partially because of the control panel.  Specifically, the wireless removal remote.  (Found on select highlife, and I have the ability to put it on any.)  The reason why is because they can read it.  My grandfather is 80 years old, and he can't see anything without his glasses.  He can read the controls because of the big icons/numbers and he can hold it as close to his face as he wants.  Is that worth $1000?  Maybe to some people, it really depends on what you want.

I know what Jacuzzi Jim (or should I say BullfrogJim) is saying about 300 series versus Highlife.  It does seem like a good value on paper, but it is all about what YOU want.  I use to sell Jacuzzi just like Jim, but for a variety of reasons chose not to sell them anymore and picked up Bullfrog, I can tell you all about them via pm or phone if you like. 

Given what you told me, I would narrow it down between BF and HS

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 12:26:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42