What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A Couple Bullfrog Questions  (Read 3536 times)

DIYBlonde

A Couple Bullfrog Questions
« on: August 19, 2016, 04:30:43 am »
  • I've had my Bullfrog for about 18 months now (bought it brand new) and within the first 3 months, one of the speakers was shorting out and after a week or so, it went to 'nothing'. I  called  for service (under the warranty) and it was promptly replaced. Mind you, when the service guy came out, we had a second one doing the same thing. So, while he was here, he ordered 2 new speakers, not just the one. They're still doing fine but now, two more are acting up and yes, we're now out of warranty (sigh). I've read theses speakers can be problematic. Wondering if anyone has experiences they can share or knowledge of what might be the cause/problem? My boyfriend who knows everything about everything, oh and because he's a musician, says it 'has to be' because the wires are coming loose somehow and should be an easy fix. Well.... Really? Why then would the service guy REPLACE two speakers? Back to the 'easy fix' part: Boyfriend takes off the panel to check the wires and gave up right away as he was too scared to mess with the styrofoam board, fearing more problems. I think that's the only part I give him credit for as far as smarts goes.  ;D
Is testing the water 'prior to use' recommended for a specific reason or doesn't it matter? I prefer to follow directions via the user manual, but Mr. Know it All claims it doesn't matter. He also claims that the water should only be tested after it's been used... Meaning, if we don't use it for two weeks, it's not necessary to check it over that two week period (Lord help me).  Please shed some light on this matter.

Thanks a million!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:36:52 am by DIYBlonde »

Hot Tub Forum

A Couple Bullfrog Questions
« on: August 19, 2016, 04:30:43 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: A Couple Bullfrog Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 08:12:10 am »
  • I've had my Bullfrog for about 18 months now (bought it brand new) and within the first 3 months, one of the speakers was shorting out and after a week or so, it went to 'nothing'. I  called  for service (under the warranty) and it was promptly replaced. Mind you, when the service guy came out, we had a second one doing the same thing. So, while he was here, he ordered 2 new speakers, not just the one. They're still doing fine but now, two more are acting up and yes, we're now out of warranty (sigh). I've read theses speakers can be problematic. Wondering if anyone has experiences they can share or knowledge of what might be the cause/problem? My boyfriend who knows everything about everything, oh and because he's a musician, says it 'has to be' because the wires are coming loose somehow and should be an easy fix. Well.... Really? Why then would the service guy REPLACE two speakers? Back to the 'easy fix' part: Boyfriend takes off the panel to check the wires and gave up right away as he was too scared to mess with the styrofoam board, fearing more problems. I think that's the only part I give him credit for as far as smarts goes.  ;D
Is testing the water 'prior to use' recommended for a specific reason or doesn't it matter? I prefer to follow directions via the user manual, but Mr. Know it All claims it doesn't matter. He also claims that the water should only be tested after it's been used... Meaning, if we don't use it for two weeks, it's not necessary to check it over that two week period (Lord help me).  Please shed some light on this matter.

Thanks a million!

Speakers and stereos are problematic on all tubs.

You should test your water as often as it needs to be tested. This has nothing to do with before or after you use it.
Retired

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 12:13:05 pm »
The reason it is recommended you test before use is to see if you have sanitizer in your water.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 12:43:18 pm »
As tman said, stereos in hot tubs never last long.  I usually tell my customers to skip the stereo.  Not reliable and not worth it.

Also, what water treatment program are you on?  You probably don't need to test it before use.  I certainly wouldn't, at least not in the winter.  As stated above, it's recommended to make sure that you have enough sanitizer but once you get a rhythm with your program you can probably skip it.

Hottubprosne

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:55:29 pm »
What i usually see is speakers turned up too loud or ph balance problems will eat them really quick.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:55:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42