What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lights have mind of their own on Jacuzzi J-345  (Read 4474 times)

jacuzzidude

Lights have mind of their own on Jacuzzi J-345
« on: May 25, 2016, 06:41:32 pm »
So I have had a weird problem with the LED lights since Spring of 2015.  Spa was bought used and it's a 2011 or thereabouts. 

The first issue that I noticed were a couple of the headrest lights and waterfall were different colors, like one color of the LEDs was failing.  Minor.  I ignored it.  Shut the Jacuzzi down for the summer and fired her back up in the Fall.  Lights functioned normally for a few weeks.  Then out of the blue, more issues with the lights.   As the spa season continued, the light issues because more severe.  Now a couple headrest and waterfall are completely dark.  No lights at all.

I am just wondering if there is an opinion(s) on what's going on?  My guy tells me it's an issue with the circuit board.

I did have a single episode recently where the temperature reading was fluctuating abnormally, which was causing the circ pump to cycle on and off (along with the heater I am guessing as well.)  HOwever, I have only witnessed this once.  Another indication something is amiss with the circuit board?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Lights have mind of their own on Jacuzzi J-345
« on: May 25, 2016, 06:41:32 pm »

mrpenguin

Re: Lights have mind of their own on Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 04:41:37 pm »
You are not alone.   Your's may have lasted more than others.   I had a bunch of issues with mine.  One thing you can check that might be an easy fix - Open the corner panels and look at the blue block with cables coming out.  Make sure they are all in there tight, as well as the cables going to the main board.   Turn power off to be safe if worried.  Also, look at the items that are failing.   We noticed when they built our tub, we think they over-tightened the cup holders.  This put a hairline crack in them.  Over time, moisture got in and they broke one by one.  All cupholders and waterfalls were replaced.   Cupholders are holding strong, but the waterfalls both died again and we go without lights up there now.  I had some pictures of what it looks like inside mine for you to see what to do, they're on one of my posts here.

mrpenguin

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 04:55:54 pm »
found it, could not edit other post:
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,17965.msg185113.html#msg185113
There are photos in there, you should see the blue bricks of plugs on the frame, that's what I am talking about.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 04:55:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42