What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying the Hot Springs NXT Grandee at $14,500  (Read 4348 times)

jtedesco

Buying the Hot Springs NXT Grandee at $14,500
« on: August 07, 2016, 11:58:05 pm »
Okay so this is definitely a splurge.  I train MMA daily at night and looking forward to this on a NIGHTLY basis!  I didn't go far, and I didn't price around... my research was basically on the internet so any input I would appreciate!!  Read through and tell me if I'm on track to a tranquil experience!  LOL

The saltwater system is important, good for my skin, and I won't stink like chlorine heading up to bed at night where the wife would LIKELY complain of this.  So that's a big plus.. probably also a huge part of the cost.

The speaker system, lighting control, and remote is also important.  Love those features.

I particularly LOVED the moving jets in this tub... My experience with Hot tubs is that my back tends to get itchy when the jets blow on one spot on my back for too long.. I think the slider jets will be very nice.

upkeep isn't too bad.. but I don't have my hopes up for a maintenance free tub - like the salesman claims... I know there's maintenance.. a lot of it.  So I'm going with that.

My plan is to purchase the tub on August 12th 2016.  I'll post pictures and updates as I go.

Also, in addition to the $14,500... there's a $1000 tax as well as another $1,000 in extras/setup/deliver/install etc.

Hot Tub Forum

Buying the Hot Springs NXT Grandee at $14,500
« on: August 07, 2016, 11:58:05 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Buying the Hot Springs NXT Grandee at $14,500
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 11:54:42 am »
but I don't have my hopes up for a maintenance free tub - like the salesman claims... I know there's maintenance.. a lot of it.  So I'm going with that.

I certainly wouldn't say there is a "lot" of maintenance but its never totally "maintenance free" lol so its good to see you are going in with your eyes open!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:29:29 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 01:18:05 pm »
For what its worth, we use our tub 300 nights per year. We add chlorine when we get out of the tub each night and there is usually no chlorine smell when we get in each night.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hottubprosne

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 03:28:06 pm »
Just fyi that salt system is just making chlorine instead of adding it. Same chlorine smell if they are at the same ppm. Hot Springs make a good product.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 10:05:35 pm »
For what its worth, we use our tub 300 nights per year. We add chlorine when we get out of the tub each night and there is usually no chlorine smell when we get in each night.

That's a lot of use. I try to get in mine 2-3 times a week

scoobywagon02

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 05:21:59 pm »
The Ace system is not creating chlorine at all. It is basically using salt and technology to create natural oxidizing agents that in turn kill bacteria. That is a good price for the everything you are getting. You may need to supplement from time to time with chlorine. If you plan on using the spa for mainly you then you will be fine. If you plan on having a party tub you may want to re-consider Ace. If you administer chlorine properly and in the right amount you should have little to no smell 12- 16 hours after you put it in. You then get into a spa the following day that is crystal clear with little to no smell. The problem is most hot tubbers are not trained properly and end of having a bad experience. Its a great tub at a great price. I would not say it is maintenance free and the cell does have life expectancy.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 07:46:35 pm »
The Ace system is not creating chlorine at all. It is basically using salt and technology to create natural oxidizing agents that in turn kill bacteria. That is a good price for the everything you are getting. You may need to supplement from time to time with chlorine. If you plan on using the spa for mainly you then you will be fine. If you plan on having a party tub you may want to re-consider Ace. If you administer chlorine properly and in the right amount you should have little to no smell 12- 16 hours after you put it in. You then get into a spa the following day that is crystal clear with little to no smell. The problem is most hot tubbers are not trained properly and end of having a bad experience. Its a great tub at a great price. I would not say it is maintenance free and the cell does have life expectancy.

I think the chemical agents created with the salt dissolving process is a few digits off from chlorine. CHL32Y versus CHL21S (example) We need chem geek......
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 07:46:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42