What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help Needed Selecting a Spa  (Read 3120 times)

FirstTimeSpaShopper

Help Needed Selecting a Spa
« on: June 20, 2016, 04:16:52 pm »
Recently, I have looked at La-Z-Boy and Dynasty spas in the showroom. They both looked good to me. I think the La-Z-boy was 72 by 89 and the Dynasty Leeward was 82 by 82. This is a good size for me. There aren't many choices near me. I live in eastern Alabama and there isn't many hot tub or spa businesses close by but of course Atlanta is only a few hours away. Should I decide between La-Z-Boy and Dynasty since there is a dealer near me or should I consider shopping online?
I don't want music or a TV built-in the spa, but I want a high quality spa. I just want features that enhance relaxation and a really good massage. I would like to keep the investment under $8,000. Any suggestions or tips?

Hot Tub Forum

Help Needed Selecting a Spa
« on: June 20, 2016, 04:16:52 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help Needed Selecting a Spa
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 11:35:53 pm »
Laz y boy are made by a good manufacturer but are typically way overpriced. Dynasty are a average at best spa. Any other choices or are those the only 2 available

FirstTimeSpaShopper

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 12:35:23 pm »
I need to look around more locally. La-Z-Boy and Dynasty is all I have found so far. I am not loyal to any brand and am willing to buy any spa, but I do not know if it is wise to purchase a spa online or from a dealer far from where I live. Should I only consider local dealers?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 02:38:55 pm »
I need to look around more locally. La-Z-Boy and Dynasty is all I have found so far. I am not loyal to any brand and am willing to buy any spa, but I do not know if it is wise to purchase a spa online or from a dealer far from where I live. Should I only consider local dealers?

I would start with local dealers but if there isn't a dealer/product close by that you're satisfied with then branch out as needed. Every reputable major spa maker has a dealer locator on their website so I'd suggest you go to some of the better spa makers that may be near you (Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance ...) and enter your zip code to see how close they are.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

FirstTimeSpaShopper

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 04:22:21 pm »
The Dealer locator was a great tip, and thanks for the brand recommendations. I found a Caldera dealer not too far away and am now looking at the Geneva and Martinique. I hope to visit the dealer this weekend.
I started shopping early and have plenty of time to look around. I don't plan on purchasing a spa until September - November.
I will update this thread as my spa shopping progresses. Thanks for any feedback and suggestions.

FirstTimeSpaShopper

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 09:12:35 am »
 Visited the Caldera dealer this weekend. It is a new location and only had the Martinique in the show room.  I really like this spaand feel very comfortable with this business.
  They have another location across town and sell Sundance spas as well. Is there a comparable Sundance spa to the Martinique?
 The Martinique is my clear leader over the La-Z-Boy and Dynasty spas, but I am interested in Sundance too.

FirstTimeSpaShopper

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 02:05:58 pm »
 Looking at Sundance online. I like the Altamar.   Is it comparable in quality and price of the Martinique?
 I was quoted $6300 for the Martinique.   This included cover, delivery, and maintenance supplies for a
 year.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 02:05:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42