What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any recent opinions on Bullfrog Spas?  (Read 69500 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Any recent opinions on Bullfrog Spas?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 04:11:01 pm »
Well, this message prompted me to use Bullfrog's website to see if any dealers have moved in near me.   No new dealers, but I did find one of the only two dealers worth going to in Columbus (IMO) is now carrying Bullfrog. Next time I need chemicals, I may have to stop in just to look at them. (If MJB will forgive me)

That other dealer (Scioto Valley) has been around a long time and has has carried HotSprings for as long as I can remember, but has carried many other brands that have come and gone.   I will stop and look just for the education.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 04:11:01 pm »

Racenut

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 04:56:02 pm »
Putting the manifolds and plumbing right next to your back in the tub IMO makes them noisier than others.

The first few times we used ours I was hearing a strange noise/vibration when jets were on high.  I first thought it was the jet pack... swapped them around and it didn't change.  Opened up the equipment bay to investigate and found that one of the air inlet hoses had found it's way to a spot up against the shell and was making a noise that was transmitting outside.  Moved it a couple inches away and all was fine.  Point being, that little hose sucking some air inside the cabinet was louder than any perceived noise from the jetpacks or manifolds.

Your logic seems reasonable. Maybe if you had them to test side by side you might be able to perceive that.  But in testing different brands at different locations, we never noticed it as an issue at all.  Our Bullfrog is also much quieter than our old Dimension One that only had 15 jets in it. But all newer hot tubs are quieter than the old ones because they've improved the pumps. That's where most of the noise comes from.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 06:42:38 pm »
Putting the manifolds and plumbing right next to your back in the tub IMO makes them noisier than others.

The first few times we used ours I was hearing a strange noise/vibration when jets were on high.  I first thought it was the jet pack... swapped them around and it didn't change.  Opened up the equipment bay to investigate and found that one of the air inlet hoses had found it's way to a spot up against the shell and was making a noise that was transmitting outside.  Moved it a couple inches away and all was fine.  Point being, that little hose sucking some air inside the cabinet was louder than any perceived noise from the jetpacks or manifolds.

Your logic seems reasonable. Maybe if you had them to test side by side you might be able to perceive that.  But in testing different brands at different locations, we never noticed it as an issue at all.  Our Bullfrog is also much quieter than our old Dimension One that only had 15 jets in it. But all newer hot tubs are quieter than the old ones because they've improved the pumps. That's where most of the noise comes from.

They are not any noisier whatsoever...I have 3 brands on my floor and at least 1 model from each brand "running" the Bullfrog is not louder than any of them.  They can be louder when you add the JetPaks made specifically for the neck because now you have jets "above water" shooting down into the water, but as far as the mechanical aspect and the JetPak itself (where the water and air mix) there is no discernible difference between Bullfrog and other premium brands from what I have experienced and/or sold in the past

Compatico

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 03:00:16 am »
I agree...we've been shopping around looking at various tubs and Bullfrogs are not any louder nor quieter than others. Most of the noise is from the pumps and transmitted sonic vibrations throughout the shell of the tub. This kind of noise can't be avoided as the vibration and sonic resonances of water movement is inherent to all hot tubs.

We're still looking to do a wet test of the Bullfrog tubs (timing is an issue for us for various reasons). But unless there's something truly wrong with the seating or functionality, I believe we have decided on Bullfrog due to the benefits of less plumbing, decent design and quality, and being able to customize the tub with jetpaks that suit our needs.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 07:57:24 am »
Instead of splitting the water flow after the pump and then directing through hoses to the individual jets. Bullfrog splits the water flow behind the jet pacs and sends it to the individual jets. It's plumbing. Plumbing creates water cavitation. Water cavitation makes noise.

Can you Bullfrog sales folks tell us consumers what brand of tub you used in that comparison photo that you are throwing around? That would be important information to know. Are there 3 or 4 or 5 jet pacs in the bullfrog model that you are comparing side by side with the other tub? Your calling it a tradition tub, what brand and model of traditional tub is in your photo?

Sales BS takes extremes and put them side by side to reflect better on the sales BS creaters product. I like to make sure that the comparison is proper before I buy into the sales BS skewed to the creater. So if you could help me to make sure the comparison is apples to apples that would help.

Remember I am a potential purchaser. I DO NOT sell any brand.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:16:44 am by Tman122 »
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:10:26 am by Jacuzzi Jim »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 12:03:17 pm »
So your comparison photo used a Calspa? How many jets did that Calspa have if that's what your saying/implying?

I didn't hear it mentioned and don't like to assume.
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2016, 01:29:50 pm »
So your comparison photo used a Calspa? How many jets did that Calspa have if that's what your saying/implying?

you remind me of the competitors who sell against us at Home Shows/Events...desperately trying to grasp at anything to try and sell against us...pack a lunch Tman, it's a steep, long climb up that hill :-)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2016, 02:02:57 pm »

Cal spa was the only decent one I could find to show "others" how a conventional spa is built.  And how much plumbing goes in on one.  Sad thing is, that still doesn't show really how much plumbing there is on any given spa.  Like Jacuzzi, Sundance or any other spa for that matter except Bullfrog.   In the end it doesn't really matter what spa it is in the picture, but it gives the consumer the visual of how a conventional spa is built.  And if you can't agree on that then you do not know as much as you think you know about how one is put together.   90% less plumbing or not Bullfrog still uses way way less plumbing than any other spa.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 05:22:22 pm »

Cal spa was the only decent one I could find to show "others" how a conventional spa is built.  And how much plumbing goes in on one.  Sad thing is, that still doesn't show really how much plumbing there is on any given spa.  Like Jacuzzi, Sundance or any other spa for that matter except Bullfrog.   In the end it doesn't really matter what spa it is in the picture, but it gives the consumer the visual of how a conventional spa is built.  And if you can't agree on that then you do not know as much as you think you know about how one is put together.   90% less plumbing or not Bullfrog still uses way way less plumbing than any other spa.

Remember the hill wasn't that steep last time. I will give you a 100% guarantee that there is NOT 90% less plumbing. That is a deceptive sales practice. Is there less plumbing? Yes. Is there less manifolds? No. Just because Bullfrog don't count the manifolds inside the jet pacs, I and anyone familiar with plumbing will call it plumbing. Bullfrog salesman maybe not so much?

But maybe I am wrong, maybe they work just fine without jet pacs? Just like the full power at all jets all the time. That was a pretty flat hill also.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2016, 05:41:13 pm »
  You are like trying to tell a liberal why Hillary or Bernie shouldn't be president.    Some day you might get it..   There are no manifolds with lines that run to each jet inside the pac.

CCC

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2016, 06:18:02 pm »
You are like trying to tell a liberal why Hillary or Bernie shouldn't be president.

Really? ::)

If your politics oozes out of your pores on a hot tub forum, you might want to go for a soak, release some of those toxins and relax.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 06:22:09 pm by CCC »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2016, 06:51:37 pm »
 Well sometimes people just don't get it.   
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 06:53:16 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

meriflower

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2016, 07:05:50 pm »
I'm a Bullfrog owner and are very happy with ours, going on 3 years no problems.  It is not noisy and we wet tested a lot of spas before deciding on Bullfrog.  I would highly recommend Bullfrog and suggest anyone who is interested to wet test - actually wet test as many different spa brands as you can. Happy spa hunting!

Racenut

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2016, 08:27:23 pm »
Instead of splitting the water flow after the pump and then directing through hoses to the individual jets. Bullfrog splits the water flow behind the jet pacs and sends it to the individual jets. It's plumbing. Plumbing creates water cavitation. Water cavitation makes noise.

Like I said, your theory seems reasonable... but in actual use, I'm not hearing it.  How many Bullfrog Spas have you used?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2016, 08:27:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42