What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any recent opinions on Bullfrog Spas?  (Read 69022 times)

flipflopper

Any recent opinions on Bullfrog Spas?
« on: March 24, 2016, 02:04:09 pm »
Greetings, fellow board members. I'm in the market for hot tub and am inclined to go used on either a Sundance or Jacuzzi but the Bullfrogs at the nearest dealer keep drawing my eye - they seem highquality, they are comfortable, and they seem affordable. The dealer sells Sundance, Jacuzzi, Viking and Bullfrog so they seem committed to a range of tubs and Bullfrog would be middle-of-the-road in their line-up.

I value internet reviews on this forum very highly in my decision-making process. The trouble is, there aren't any very recent reviews on Bullfrog spas that I've found. The most recent would be 2013 and that is already going back three years. It seemed like the company had built some buzz and there was a converted faithful that felt the company was really moving forward. But even the latest reviews from 2013 and earlier I've found are not very in depth and only mention Bullfrog in passing. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed that a manufacturer's quality can go up or down greatly in a three-year time span, regardless of product or market.

I'd love to hear from you if you have an informed opinion about Bullfrog spas that you're willing to share. Especially from those who have had their tubs for several or more years.

Edit: I found this more recent review but the thread was taken in a different direction that is rather unhelpful.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:08:27 pm by flipflopper »

Hot Tub Forum

Any recent opinions on Bullfrog Spas?
« on: March 24, 2016, 02:04:09 pm »

SOULRIC

Re: Any recent opinions on Bullfrog Spas?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 04:05:29 pm »
Greetings, fellow board members. I'm in the market for hot tub and am inclined to go used on either a Sundance or Jacuzzi but the Bullfrogs at the nearest dealer keep drawing my eye - they seem highquality, they are comfortable, and they seem affordable. The dealer sells Sundance, Jacuzzi, Viking and Bullfrog so they seem committed to a range of tubs and Bullfrog would be middle-of-the-road in their line-up.

I value internet reviews on this forum very highly in my decision-making process. The trouble is, there aren't any very recent reviews on Bullfrog spas that I've found. The most recent would be 2013 and that is already going back three years. It seemed like the company had built some buzz and there was a converted faithful that felt the company was really moving forward. But even the latest reviews from 2013 and earlier I've found are not very in depth and only mention Bullfrog in passing. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed that a manufacturer's quality can go up or down greatly in a three-year time span, regardless of product or market.

I'd love to hear from you if you have an informed opinion about Bullfrog spas that you're willing to share. Especially from those who have had their tubs for several or more years.

Edit: I found this more recent review but the thread was taken in a different direction that is rather unhelpful.

I am new to this site and am also looking for advice but, I figured I would share my thoughts because Bullfrog was one of my choices for a little while. I am an engineer in a manufacturing facility so I love getting into the details of a manufactured product. The thing that I didn't like was the way they have there warranty. From everything I have learned the main things to go are the pumps or the pluming it self. They don't even say they guarantee the pluming?

I first liked the idea of the jet packs but the more I thought of it I doubt they could compete with a Marquis or Caldera spa.

I personally like the Caldera & Marquis and I am trying to pick one at the moment.

I hope you get your answers and maybe you will get something out of what I said?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:17:15 pm by Forum Admin »

Racenut

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 05:47:50 pm »
The thing that I didn't like was the way they have there warranty. From everything I have learned the main things to go are the pumps or the pluming it self. They don't even say they guarantee the pluming?

Taken from the warranty section of their website... http://www.bullfrogspas.com/warranty/

5 year Warranty
Equipment
Warranty specifically covers the pump(s), heater, control system (including fuses), SnapCaps™, FilterCap™, other Bullfrog mechanical equipment, and leaks from any component or plumbing fitting located beneath the spa shell.

I've been very pleased with my Bullfrog R7.  We use it 4-5 times a week.  I've only had the R7 since October 2015, but have had a spa for 15+ years so it's not my first one.  We had a minor control panel issue when it was first installed, the dealer took care of that for us promptly.  Have had zero other issues.

We also looked at Hot Spring, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Artesian, and Caldera. Chose the Bullfrog for the seating layout, the modular jetpacks allowed us to choose what types of jets we wanted. After dealing with leaks and rot in my last tub, I was a fan of the less plumbing and no wood design, but that was not going to make or break it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:13:51 pm by Racenut »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 06:33:12 pm »
I've been in this industry for 14 years now, I'll save my opinion since of course I am a little biased since I currently sell Bullfrog but I'll just leave a nice 17 minute video here for you guys to watch..it is basically a "brochure in video form" for those who want to learn more about the product without having to go into a showroom.  Any questions feel free to ask and I'll give you my best unbiased opinion.  This video is also on their website, just posted it for those who may have "skipped over it"

First 3 minutes is "fluff" but the rest is great info. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SjHrqYZSYY

SOULRIC

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 07:15:11 pm »
I've been in this industry for 14 years now, I'll save my opinion since of course I am a little biased since I currently sell Bullfrog but I'll just leave a nice 17 minute video here for you guys to watch..it is basically a "brochure in video form" for those who want to learn more about the product without having to go into a showroom.  Any questions feel free to ask and I'll give you my best unbiased opinion.  This video is also on their website, just posted it for those who may have "skipped over it"

First 3 minutes is "fluff" but the rest is great info. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SjHrqYZSYY

Thanks for the video that was pretty cool! The one thing I see is it is fully encapsulated with foam. Brands like Caldera have a system to be able to get to those possible leaks with out destroying the integrity of the insulation. How does Bullfrog tackle this potential issue?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 07:40:28 pm »

Thanks for the video that was pretty cool! The one thing I see is it is fully encapsulated with foam. Brands like Caldera have a system to be able to get to those possible leaks with out destroying the integrity of the insulation. How does Bullfrog tackle this potential issue?

With the JetPak system 90% of the plumbing is eliminated, the little that is remaining is serviced just like any other full foam spa...Caldera uses FiberCor which I'll admit is easier to "dig" than traditional foam but you still have a rats nest of plumbing underneath...see image below :-)  More plumbing = more resistance on your pumps = more diverter valves to fail, not to mention you are "stuck" with the seats/jet locations a traditional spa forces on you..here you have 17 different JetPaks to choose from so YOU choose the massage in YOUR favorite seat in the spa...its a beautiful thing

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:42:07 pm by BullFrogSpasMN »

SOULRIC

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 08:28:01 pm »

With the JetPak system 90% of the plumbing is eliminated, the little that is remaining is serviced just like any other full foam spa...Caldera uses FiberCor which I'll admit is easier to "dig" than traditional foam but you still have a rats nest of plumbing underneath...see image below :-)  More plumbing = more resistance on your pumps = more diverter valves to fail, not to mention you are "stuck" with the seats/jet locations a traditional spa forces on you..here you have 17 different JetPaks to choose from so YOU choose the massage in YOUR favorite seat in the spa...its a beautiful thing

Good info, sorry for all the questions, but what if you buy a jet pack and a year later you want a different one? Can you get something for the old one? And if so how much compared to the original price? Also I want a lounger it doesn't look like there a many jets for below the waist? Are the jet packs only for the back of the seats? Can you get jet packs that are below the waist? (legs)

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 08:45:11 pm »

Good info, sorry for all the questions, but what if you buy a jet pack and a year later you want a different one? Can you get something for the old one? And if so how much compared to the original price? Also I want a lounger it doesn't look like there a many jets for below the waist? Are the jet packs only for the back of the seats? Can you get jet packs that are below the waist? (legs)

If you want another or different JetPak a year later you can purchase one...and not to speak on behalf of other dealers but there is no "trade in" program to speak of, we do deeply discount "extra paks" that we acquired throughout the year (as do a lot of dealers I've spoken too) so there always opportunity to "change up" your massage for a discount.  Most lounge models have 4 calf jets + 2 foot jets + 2 hip jets on the lounge itself...JetPaks are for your back only, but a lot of customers sit on the "edge" of the spa to get some good jets on the calf area or also flip around in the seat to hit the quads...just do yourself a favor if you have a Bullfrog dealer within driving distance and go test your other brands that interest you then go wet test a Bullfrog and see what you think. A wet test can save you TONS of time researching, I had a customer who researched a model for 2-3 months, I convinced them of a wet test (because it was a lounger model) and they left the store buying a completely different model with no lounge so they really can be beneficial and save you a lot of "brochure reading time"...just my .02
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:47:32 pm by BullFrogSpasMN »

dporter22

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 11:25:23 pm »
I've had my A7 for almost a year now and have thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'm in it 5-6 nights a week and there have been zero problems.

I wrote an extensive review but it doesn't show up in the search now, don't know why.  Anyway, the reasons I chose a Bullfrog are generally the same as others:  Made in the USA, no wood or metal in the structure, full ABS bottom pan, high quality fit/finish, drastically reduced amount of plumbing, high-quality pumps and parts, choosing which jetpacks I liked (I haven't purchased another one yet, but we change their positions around depending on who wants what in which seat), strong power at all the seats without a bunch of diverter valves, individually adjustable jet power at each seat, and no-questions-asked warranty.

I tried many other brands/models and they were all mostly nice, but in my opinion the Bullfrog was superior in construction and engineering, and of those I tested only the Bullfrog could produce strong power at every seat simultaneously.  The others I tested could only produce more power at one seat by turning others down quite significantly, but in a Bullfrog all the seats can be turned up to full power and still have very strong jets for everyone.

Lots of nice spas available, lots of different features, lots of different opinions, all comes down to what's important to you. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 07:51:26 am »
Welcome to the forum!    Sundance and Jacuzzi are good tubs. Unfortunately I don't have a Bull Frog dealer near me.  We have had several recent members purchase Bull Frog tubs and they seem satisfied.  We have one or two people here that have had them a few years.   
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 08:37:58 am »
Putting the manifolds and plumbing right next to your back in the tub IMO makes them noisier than others.
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 08:40:34 am »

Lets not start this BS again!!!! 90% less plumbing than the tub pictured. Not all tubs. Don't forget to count the plumbing inside the jet pac. Jeeeeez the BS is flying again.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 10:41:51 am »
  Again, there is no plumbing inside the jet pac.     Bullfrog spas are not going anywhere so get over it..  ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:44:18 am by Jacuzzi Jim »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 11:43:16 am »

Lets not start this BS again!!!! 90% less plumbing than the tub pictured. Not all tubs. Don't forget to count the plumbing inside the jet pac. Jeeeeez the BS is flying again.

Look at all that plumbing!!!!! lol...if you could do some research before letting false information out that would be great :-)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 03:08:43 pm »
 ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 03:08:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42