What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi lights flickering  (Read 5064 times)

Cooperdog

Jacuzzi lights flickering
« on: December 16, 2015, 10:03:58 am »
I have an 8 year old Jacuzzi J-345.  Recently I noticed that the lights on the waterfall started to flicker intermittently, where it will be set on one color (red for example) then suddenly it will flicker a bit through other colors, then maybe go back to solid red for a bit, then flicker...etc.  Kind of like lighting...a quick flash here and there, and then normal for a bit.  I thought it was only the waterfall lights, and thought about tearing apart the waterfall, but last night I noticed it's the light behind the head pillows too, and it's all flickering at once in unison.  Interestingly enough the lights at the cup holders is not flickering...they are staying on whatever color is set.  I have no idea where to begin troubleshooting this?  Anyone experienced this, and/or have ideas where to start?

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi lights flickering
« on: December 16, 2015, 10:03:58 am »

Cooperdog

Re: Jacuzzi lights flickering
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 02:47:08 pm »
Lots of looks, but no replies yet?  I'm assuming there's a short, since the light flickers.  But I'm no electrician, so I'm seeking thoughts on troubleshooting.

mrpenguin

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 10:36:10 pm »
Don't visit often, maybe Cooperdog will check this later...
My Jacuzzi J-470 did the same stuff.  I had all the cupholders and both waterfall parts swapped.   A few months later, the replacement waterfall lights went.   The right one shorts the entire lighting system, so I disconnected it.  The other does not light the red. 

It is either a loose connection, or more likely, poor craftsmanship.   I really have no faith in the design of these LEDs.  Looking at the one that is shorting, you can see water intruded in the "sealed" LED bar.  The circuit board has rust and just not good.

I may disassemble it and see if I can rig up something else for me just because as a hobby.  I see them online for $200 - no way I am dumping that, I know they will fail.  They only have a 1 year warranty.  Really shotty workmanship on those.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 10:36:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42